Whats the worst news you ever heard about a ride at ki

kingcobra84

I remember hearing on the news about the lady falling out of flight commander,

and the guy drowning/electrocuted.......

Can't remember if it was the same weekend or not, but they were pretty close together.......

I was thinking the park would close for investigation and never reopen again....

But in the end, it was the guest's fault, as usual......

It was a tense couple of weeks though.

Can't remember if it was the same weekend or not, but they were pretty close together.......

I was thinking the park would close for investigation and never reopen again....

You beat me to it....

Worst news about a ride at KI consists of two words: "Flight Commander"..... It doesn't get any worse than death. Period.

Both tragic events happened in the same day

Both tragic events happened in the same day

Yep, and apparently about 45 minutes apart from each other (the fountain incident happened first if I recall).

The worst news for me in retrospect was also June 9, 1991. That and the lady who had a heart attack (or something like that) on Top Gun and died the next day.

when I heard that it would be my last chance to ride the flying eagles. :| Paramount was just looking out for us, trying to entertain us. and we can all admit that we didn't exactly hop at the chance to ride the antique cars, I'm sure the ride atendance for both were low. I miss them, I would always crash into my friends on the antique cars, "back in the day" :)..... the memories

Antique cars were never a do you want to ride some thing else line. Even if it were 2 hours in my book.

We miss those that leave in anticipation for those to come. Comparing the two are in our nature, but only compromises a potential friendship.

Other than someone dying on a ride which is always the worst news, the worst news for me is when they turned the backward racer around forward again. But the antique cars removal and flying eagle were pretty devistating as well.

My kids were really upset when the flying eagles were removed. They loved that ride. Stupid stupid move by KI. Really dumb. Should have relocated them. Another idiotic move by KI management which continues to amaze me with their stupidity.

Other than someone dying on a ride which is always the worst news, the worst news for me is when they turned the backward racer around forward again. But the antique cars removal and flying eagle were pretty devistating as well.

My kids were really upset when the flying eagles were removed. They loved that ride. Stupid stupid move by KI. Really dumb. Should have relocated them. Another idiotic move by KI management which continues to amaze me with their stupidity.

You assume it was KI management who made that decision.

It wasn't.

Aren't the Antique Cars still on Park Property?

Perhaps one or two. The rest, I have heard, went to, I think, Worlds of Fun.

It wasn't.

darn, that was a great ride at ki and was probably easy to build and i think that cf should bring them back because its a ride for the whole family which i asume Kings Island is a family park considering there is a family on the front page of the 08 park map.

It wasn't.

darn, that was a great ride at ki and was probably easy to build and i think that cf should bring them back because its a ride for the whole family which i asume Kings Island is a family park considering there is a family on the front page of the 08 park map.

actualy i just checked the WOF website and the antique taxis look nothing at all like the old antique cars from KI