8.8.08 First Day of High School Trip Report

JAHill

8.8.08 was my first day of high school. Freshman year. Year uno. Yup. I decided to turn my first day into a small trip report.

My first day. What could I describe it as? Ummmm... ok? Nonetheless, it's alot I need to get used to.

High School is a hecka lot different than Middle School.

I learned that.

Day One -

8:30-ish: Enter school

8:45: Enter Homeroom

Homeroom:

Retrieved school forms and schedule. Nothing big.

1st Hour: General Science

This hour was a good start. The teacher has some strange adrenaline-type thing that keeps her up and jumping. The hour started with us basically doing nothing. This progressed until class ended.

2nd Hour: PE

Nothing big. Played basketball. I lost. Yay! :D

3rd Hour: Health? No. Intro Engineering Design. Yup! :D

When PE ended I read my schedule wrong and went to a health class I wasnt in. I was there for atleast 45 minutes and had to leave. I went to lunch with them, but didn't eat because I had no clue where I was. I left, and then got lost trying to find my other class. I eventually found it and was greeted to my teacher from last year. We goofed around on the internet and stuff for well over an hour. Me? I read KIC the entire class. :D Class ends.

4th Hour: Algebra 1

Left 3rd hour. I then went to the class and was greeted to a high-strung teacher who gives homework every day. It's not like it's a big deal though. The teacher is friendly and well.. yah. This class will be easy... for now. (DUN DUN DUNNNN)

5th Hour: Honors English 1

What can I say about this teacher? He's funny. He's kind. He's big. But, he can be a pain in the arse. I can already tell. He yells alot though, and can be a wee bit sarcastic at times. Parents around town tell me that I will need to be a teacher's pet or I am going to sink in the class. Once, a parent who made As through college wrote a paper for her son and got a C on it from him. He will probably be my weak spot in the year.

6th Hour: Spanish 1

This class will be a bit harder than expected. I thought I'd be memorizing words and putting them to use. I was wrong. The teacher is a little older than the others, but is friendly. This may change though, considering she's a bit high-strung. Oh well.

Of course, today was my 2nd day and I am alot better with my schedule. Anyway, that was my day 1 report. This begins a whole new school year. It started too early though.

My first day of high school was today. So ill post a trip report too. I go to Perry Meridian High School, im a freshman. I woke up and took a shower, then got on the bus, and got off at my new school. I went to study hall and sat there for two hours, then went to geography for two hours. Next i went into 2-D Art and did pretty much nothing. I went to lunch and ate disgusting nachos. Last i went to Health and went home. It was pretty boring as you can tell. At my school we have blue and silver days. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays are blue days, Tuesday and Thursdays are silver days. I have all different classes on blue & silver days. And next semester ill have a new schedule. High school isn't as bad as people say, it's just pretty boring. I know that it'll get more exciting and ill end up loving it once i get farther into the year. I hate how at the beginning of the school year you do absolutely nothing, i still haven't even gotten a locker! Ill post another TR tomorrow so for my first silver day.

My first day of high school was today. So ill post a trip report too. I go to Perry Meridian High School, im a freshman. I woke up and took a shower, then got on the bus, and got off at my new school. I went to study hall and sat there for two hours, then went to geography for two hours. Next i went into 2-D Art and did pretty much nothing. I went to lunch and ate disgusting nachos. Last i went to Health and went home. It was pretty boring as you can tell. At my school we have blue and silver days. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays are blue days, Tuesday and Thursdays are silver days. I have all different classes on blue & silver days. And next semester ill have a new schedule. High school isn't as bad as people say, it's just pretty boring. I know that it'll get more exciting and ill end up loving it once i get farther into the year. I hate how at the beginning of the school year you do absolutely nothing, i still haven't even gotten a locker! Ill post another TR tomorrow so for my first silver day.

by any chance would that be Perry Meridian in Indianapolis?

by any chance would that be Perry Meridian in Indianapolis?

Yes, that is it.

Nice, I'm from Bloomington and went to Bloomington South. I just had to ask because I have been up to your school many times for baseball and football. I don't remember much about it though, just that i used to get pretty bad motion sickness after eating after games and ridding those school buses back down especially if you sit right above one of the heaters

I've been to perry meridian for baseball and winter drumline, and i think i had a drumline instructor that went there...and I was just in bloomington for the dci world finals...it was sweet! that was the most pointless post i've ever made...

I wish i could go back to my first day of high school...i miss it...i start my freshman year of college in two weeks...

Man i wish i was a freshman in college again. I spent way to much time partying and lost a year, I will be graduating in the spring though. Don't under estimate the amount of time you'll need to study, thats what bit me. What are you going to major in, and at what school, Braves0511? Other than the DCI how was your stay in Bloomington? if you made it out to Walmart i live right behind it pretty much.

My first day of high school:

Period

1. Whippersnapping and 23 Skidoo

2. Dinosaur Clubbing

3. How Make Wheel with Rock

4. Gym

5. Cave Economics

6. Study Hall

;) Close enough, though: Mine was in 1983! :(

-Tb, who now enjoys Ensure.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Seriously.....LOL!!! Oh my god that made my day.

For all of you starting school (that includes you little brother!) have fun and enjoy your freedom while it lasts! ;) You may say that school sucks now but you'll be wishing for the 'good ol days' when reality sets in and you have to get a job! :D No seriously....cherish those snow days! I hope all of you have a great school year....and I'm sure those of you in your senior year will most definitely have fun!

~Ash