Construction Photo Update 8-14-08

masonguy21

They have had perfect wheather so far. Hope it holds up through the fall.

Meteorlogist Judd Redfield on WTHR (channel 12/13 in Indianapolis) was claiming during this morning's forecast that the updated Farmer's Almanac for this Fall was calling for the Ohio Valley (i.e. central Indy and Cincy) to be very dry and hot (possibly 90's in Sept!)....sounds perfect for erecting some D-back steel this Sept and Oct!! :D

I can just imagine how much progress they will make between now (The last weeks of the regular season) and Holloween Haunt. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the huge lift hill supports are up by the time HH rolls around, becuase they'll be able to work on weekdays without the park open.

I can just imagine how much progress they will make between now (The last weeks of the regular season) and Holloween Haunt. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the huge lift hill supports are up by the time HH rolls around, becuase they'll be able to work on weekdays without the park open.

I wonder how much track will be up? Maybe station track and most of the station,I dont know.

Great pics! I love how the pic behind The Crypt has a port-a-potty near one of the footers because it gives some actual perspective at how HUGE the footers are. When you just look at it, it kind of looks small but whenever there are people back there or something else to compare it to I start getting all excited because you can tell this thing is going to look monstrous compared to everything else in the park!

~Ash

After looking at Behemoth's construction log, it took only two weeks after the storage/ transfer area was complete for the brake run and turn into the station to be in place. I'm looking for a similar sequence of events with this one. Hoping to track going up very shortly, maybe even mid to late this upcoming week!