Holiday to add something big....

Guest rcfreak339

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcfreak339
Why, it's Korey from The Gravity Group! He's hanging out in Holidog's FunTown with his little girls while his lovely wife sneaks off to ride The Voyage.

Let's zoom out even more so you can see how Korey's almost as tall as the Holidog statue.

Wow.

He nearly reaches Holidog's chin,

Impressive.

Makes me wonder.

Would it be possible that Korey is the world's tallest?

I mean the World's Tallest Roller Coaster Designer?

It's certainly possible.

Could it be possible that Holiday World is planning for the Worlds tallest wooden coaster or even worlds tallest coaster, or the worlds tallest something?

Possibly, but I really think that news like that would have been reported on another web site by now. GG does have planes for such, just like any coaster designer would have. If it is what I think, it will be a nice addition to HW, no CC production but just as good.

(The CC production part was a joke, before I get jumped.)

There is a news article that the blog links to which comments "the park has budgeted $8.4 million for improvements in 2009, second only to the $13.5 million spent in 2006 when The Voyage debuted.".

That's for everything being added for next season. They are also adding "“a service” in 2009 which will be innovative, free and use technology." I don't have a clue what that is or how much its going to cost. Also what else is being added for next year? I would think of that $8.4 million maybe $7.5 is going to the new ride. Is it possible its not a coaster or maybe its not the lift hill which is the tallest in the world.

GG does many types of engineering, all the way from foundations, to portions of rides, full rides and all types of park structures, including water park attractions. Korey is a very talented engineer, he could be there just visiting an old friend, so who really knows. We will see on the 26th. (Still does not compare to the Diamondback teas and announcement.)

Ok, like I said in another topic I accidentally started without knowing about this one: It's not Laser, its not an expansion to Splashin' Safari (well I'm 90% sure) because its on the wrong side of the park, the hints have been: "tall", "drop", the designers hint may have ment that its "taller than usual", and another hint may or may not have been "yellow".

What does this mean to me? World's Tallest Wooden Roller Coaster!

Or a yellow Kingda Ka!

Guest rcfreak339

I must ask why do we have two topics about this?

Also don't count Laser out just yet. From the Holiblog:

A phone call from Pennsylvania

A reporter called earlier today. He was following up on a rumor.

He works for the Allentown, Pennsylvania, paper and their local park had just sold one of their coasters to an undisclosed buyer.

The reporter saw rumors on the Internet that we were the mystery buyer.

I nearly choked, trying to suppress my laughter. How far will this go?

"I can confirm ..." I began.

Yes...

"I can confirm that there is a rumor online about that."

So...you're saying you can neither confirm nor deny.

(Hee! I've always wanted to say that!)

"That's correct ... I can neither confirm nor deny."

(Several hours later and that's old news. The latest rumor is it's going to Germany.)

Classic.

Reasons why Holiday World will not be getting Laser:

1. Holiday World knows the risks of buying used rides.

2. It has been reported that it will be going to a German Fair Curcuit in 2009.

3. It was sold for $1.2 million, which is not even close to the reported $8.5 million that the new ride will cost.

Guest rcfreak339

Well I hope laser doesn't come to Holiday World, to me it doesn't seem to be a great ride. But I think Holiday World really needs a Big steel coaster and layoff the wood for a while altough their their woodies are awsome.

Guest rcfreak339
Who cares, it's Holiday World. Let's get some news on Mt. Olympus. Now there's a park with a kick ass wooden coaster.

Not only do there coasters hurt there park sucks!

^^Yeah, but that's the crappy Drop Tower kind like Superman was at Kentucky Kingdom!! KI's Drop Tower is much more comfy!! Like riding in a legitimate La-Z-Boy by comparison!! B)

It is nothing like Superman at KK. It is very comfortable and uses the same tower as tower of terror. It uses a system like DT with a catch car to carry it up the tower. You should go and ride it, because it is obvious that you have not.

You guys are all playing on the exact buzz that Paula wants you to do... Logic would dictate against it being the tallest coaster in the world,

Tallest Coaster (steel) - Kingda Ka - circa $25 million

Tallest Wooden Coaster - Son of Beast - circa $20 million

I'm not sure if the figure of $10 million for Drop Zone is accurate (although I'm not saying it's not) but that ride would cost a lot more than that to build now simply because of the higher cost of steel.

If she's not blowing smoke (which she likely is) then my guess is that it's some sort of tall water slide... that's a good cheap and easy way to break a height record. We must not rule out the possibility of a stipulation, like 'world's tallest drop into a ravine' or 'world's tallest helix'. The lift hill doesn't have to be the only record breaker.

I was taught about red herrings long ago, and this blog is a perfect example.

Has anyone looked at flat rides besides drop rides? Do any of them cost near 8 million? And about the GG guy there, would you think that just because Walter Bolliger was at Kings Island that Kings Island is getting a Beemer?

I'm not saying it's a flat ride, I'm just saying that it's a definate possibility which a lot of you overlooked.