Holiday to add something big....

Guest rcfreak339

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all the way from Scotland......But close.

Has anyone thought of the possibility of their being a town somewhere in the US called Scotland?

That would mean that the ride may be from a park somewhere close to there!

The word "close" in the post is linked to a newspaper article from Glasgow, KY.

Back when Korey was at Holiday World, there was a post made. The blog poster said that Korey should comment the blog and leave a clue. Korey said this in his comment as "GravityGrouper" he stated:

I feel so used...

my picture for a Holi-hint?!?

I'm not sure if I'm the WORLD'S TALLEST coaster deisgner, but I am pretty sure that I am the TALLEST IN THE MIDWEST...based on the picture I think I might have the knobbiest knees, too.

Back to lunch for me...

I Feel so used?

And "Pretty sure [...] TALLEST IN THE MIDWEST"

First off, Ohio although many of us think it is the "Midwest" is many times placed Central United States or on the very west edge of the North East USA. So exclude rides in Ohio...we need to look for the tallest rides (possibly roller coasters) in Indiana, Missouri, Illinois...etc.

Just my two cents, I think this may have been the WORLDS LONGEST clue...nope? OK, nevermind, its not ;)

And about the GG guy there, would you think that just because Walter Bolliger was at Kings Island that Kings Island is getting a Beemer?

Actually, if I saw Walter Bolliger at KI I would think we're getting a Beemer since B&M is from Switzerland (quite a bit of travel time).

However, GG is from Cincinnati. So a 3 hour drive to a family park with your kids where you happened to do some work isn't that big of a deal. But for the blog to mention it, it makes it a big deal (whether the new ride is a GG or not).

Well with what HW is spending next year in capital I highly doubt its new. Im thinking used just from the cost standpoint. They dont have a history of buying used, but neither did Silverwood till Aftershock.

According to RCDB, Ravine Flyer II (GG latest build) only cost $6 million.

^most parks don't even have 3 woodies. HW has more than enough woodies, I strongly think They're focus is steel. And do you think they'd use this kind of blog campaign for a log flume? They very well might be, but I don't see why they would hype a water ride.

Hmmm.

Up since construction of Voyage:

* Cost of steel.

* Cost of wood.

* Cost of labor.

* Cost of engineering and design services.

A dollar back then was worth quite a bit more than a dollar now.

Hmmm, Mr. Cory, why not let's us have you do the math....oh, I know that is a tall order, and I may just drop it this holiday season, if it's all the same to you.

Terpy, the philosopher/economist, who prefers his coasters of that type to be bull-related anywho....and prefers riding them to be a great adventure...and even more prefers twisty cyclone type rides in parks that number their flags, or intense woodies under the silvery light of an Idaho moon

Hmmm.

Up since construction of Voyage:

* Cost of steel.

* Cost of wood.

* Cost of labor.

* Cost of engineering and design services.

A dollar back then was worth quite a bit more than a dollar now.

Hmmm, Mr. Cory, why not let's us have you do the math....oh, I know that is a tall order, and I may just drop it this holiday season, if it's all the same to you.

Terpy, the philosopher/economist, who prefers his coasters of that type to be bull-related anywho....and prefers riding them to be a great adventure...and even more prefers twisty cyclone type rides in parks that number their flags, or intense woodies under the silvery light of an Idaho moon

First off, I was not stating anything about the ride being larger than The Voyage. I simply showed the facts, that Voyage was 6.5 Million and the new investment is more than 8 Million. And I further instituted those wondering about the new ride to do the math themselves, for there are involved calculations needed to see how much of a ride 8 mill plus will buy. I simply gave a benchmark from three years ago.

I made no claims in what I posted, no claims at all.

Let's remember who is promoting this thing...one Paula Werne, a masterful marketer extraordinaire...and knowing her, this could be anything from a new drop ride to a new environmentally safe disposal system for in park garbage to new Dodgem cars that swing around like Flying Scooters to a new water coaster. The possibilities are endless...the funds available are not.

He was the financial guru, such as he was, under Gary Story's Six Flags. Their philosophy was to spend, spend, spend on big thrill rides, to the virtual exclusion of everything else, from middle management to park upkeep to employee salaries. They also overexpanded, buying small family parks for huge sums of money, then only investing in the big parks and Six Flags Ohio (and we know how that ended). Their overriding philosophy was "If you build it, they will come." It worked. For a little while. And then...it didn't. This guy named Dan Snyder, who owned the Washington Redskins, took over the company, and brought in Mark Shapiro from ESPN.....and the story continues, for a little while.

Six Flags, desperate for money, sold what was once Geauga Lake and Seaworld of Ohio to Cedar Fair, which did not buy the animals. Cedar Fair tried to operate the park and did install a new waterpark on the Seaworld side, then announced abruptly late last year, after the season ended, that it was closing Geauga Lake...