Holiday to add something big....

Guest rcfreak339

He was the financial guru, such as he was, under Gary Story's Six Flags. Their philosophy was to spend, spend, spend on big thrill rides, to the virtual exclusion of everything else, from middle management to park upkeep to employee salaries. They also overexpanded, buying small family parks for huge sums of money, then only investing in the big parks and Six Flags Ohio (and we know how that ended). Their overriding philosophy was "If you build it, they will come." It worked. For a little while. And then...it didn't. This guy named Dan Snyder, who owned the Washington Redskins, took over the company, and brought in Mark Shapiro from ESPN.....and the story continues, for a little while.

Terpy,

As far as I know, Dan Snyder still owns the Redskins.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HW could use another wood, but a steel would definantly put them on the map.. (not like that cheap thing at Indiana Beach)

a good B&M, Intamin or even Vekoma would work!

B&M, Intamin, and Vekoma are way to expensive for Holiday World right now, but... yes that indeed would be cool! ;)

All the signs point to a steelie, unless they are planning on getting a wooden coaster with a loop?!? (hint: vertigo)

Holiday World: The time is finally here. And the news is....we're building the World's Tallest Water Ride.

Holiday World: We're also adding the free HoliWatch service. It uses RFID technology and is a child (or adult) locator, plus message and info system.

Ride footprint is 2 football fields, end to end. Ride time is 2:40. Maximum speed exceeds 50 mph.

It will be called Pilgrim's Plunge. We're taking the ride to new heights...and adding an open-air elevator.

Holiday World: The time is finally here. And the news is....we're building the World's Tallest Water Ride.

Holiday World: We're also adding the free HoliWatch service. It uses RFID technology and is a child (or adult) locator, plus message and info system.

More details to follow...

This was just added to the twitter:

We're also adding the free HoliWatch service. It uses RFID technology and is a child (or adult) locator, plus message and info system.

From the Holiday World Twitter:

The descent is 131 feet, at a 45-degree angle. The splashdown will create a wall of water 90 feet wide and 45 feet high. The ride footprint is 2 football fields, end to end. Ride time is 2:40 (just 5 seconds short of The Voyage). Maximum speed exceeds 50 mph. It's called Pilgrims Plunge. We're taking the classic shoot-the-chute ride to new heights. ...and adding an open-air elevator. Additional info, including videos, available at HolidayWorld.com shortly after 11 am CDT.

So I just watched the videos on Holiday Worlds website. The lift looks to be the scariest part of this ride. Kind of crazy how it curves out so 2 boats can pass. Hmm wonder what is locking the boats in place during the lift?

Should be interesting to see this thing on opening day.

I dont see the exact cost listed of this ride, but I would figure the majority of the $8.5 million going to it. For what they have built in the past for less money this seems a little pricey. I just wonder if Holiday World is prepared to handle the possible maintence nightmare this thing could be seeing as its using some new technology from Intamin.

a 45 dergree drop though?

It doesn't say the degree anywhere. But it does say...

DUAL ENTRY:

Board from Holiday World or Splashin' Safari

Interesting. I hope it doesn't have too many bugs. I'm sure I'll be going next year.

Looking at the tower structure, it looks tall and skinny and only 2 legs. Im wondering if this might sway in the breeze a little, like Wicked Twister. I know its attached to the drop, but how much support will that offer? Just wondering.

Will be very impossing on the Holiday World Skyline. Cant wait to ride though

a 45 dergree drop though?

It doesn't say the degree anywhere. But it does say...

DUAL ENTRY:

Board from Holiday World or Splashin' Safari

Interesting. I hope it doesn't have too many bugs. I'm sure I'll be going next year.

It does say the degree on the ride stats. It says the drop is 131 ft and a 45 degree angle.

I dont see the exact cost listed of this ride, but I would figure the majority of the $8.5 million going to it. For what they have built in the past for less money this seems a little pricey. I just wonder if Holiday World is prepared to handle the possible maintence nightmare this thing could be seeing as its using some new technology from Intamin.

In the article in the Evansville CourierPress, it states the ride will cost $4.3 million.