Holiday to add something big....

Guest rcfreak339

I dont see the exact cost listed of this ride, but I would figure the majority of the $8.5 million going to it. For what they have built in the past for less money this seems a little pricey. I just wonder if Holiday World is prepared to handle the possible maintence nightmare this thing could be seeing as its using some new technology from Intamin.

In the article in the Evansville CourierPress, it states the ride will cost $4.3 million.

Thanks, was wondering how much. So that roughly leaves another $4 million for improvements and the new bracelet system. Sounds like they might be doing a lot of updating in the park with that much capital left over.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the parking lot updates and the traffic light will take a large chunk of what's left. The press release says the HoliWatch system will cost $1 million, so that plus the $4.3 for Pilgrim's Plunge leaves a bit over $3 million for everything else.

^^AND seats for Voyage will be wetter!!! Ewwww..... <_<

This is actually my greatest fear with the addition. A little time loading will be lost to wiping water off the seats for guests that complain (I don't blame them, I don't like buckling those water-logged seat belts when I go to parks). This leads to less capacity and longer lines. It won't be a huge problem, I'm not saying that, an inconvenience though-yes. Law of unintended consequences impacts more than just economics!

Thing that stands out to me is it lists only 5 - 10 person boats. Isn't that like half the size of your typical boat capacity? And with the typical time it takes for a boat to make a full circuit, seems like the hourly capacity would be very low. Granted the elevator will speed things up but just seems like it would have more boats. Lets see, 60 mins / 2.4 min cycle time = 25 cycles an hour per boat X 5 boats = 125 cycles X 50 passengers = 6250 people an hour at full capacity, hmmm, never mind, thats alot of people!

Vertical lift has to lower capacity and here is why I say so.

The boats on rides like Congo can have more than one boat on the lift at once. The elevator system allows 2 (technically). This will slow cycle times down.

Also about the math. 2.4 minutes isn't 2:40, it's around 2:20. The correct math would be:

60 minutes x 60 second= 3600 seconds/ 160 seconds per cycle = 22.4 cycles per hour. This no including load times, and times it may be waiting for the elevator. I would say add a minute for load and unload this lowers the capacity to 16.4 cycles per hour.

16.4 cycles per hour x 5 boats x 10 people per boat = 820 people per hour