Do you hate constant screaming on non scary rides

raptor

The Viking Ship and Racer come to mind. The rides are just fun, they are not scary, and while Coasters rarely ever give me headaches, the 12 year old sitting behind me screaming their head off like they are on fire do. I don't mind the enthusiasm but do you have to screech and scream at the top of your lungs to enjoy the ride? I mean I usually let out a big cheer at the end of a great ride, but I don't see the need to scream through the whole ride.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some rides are scary for some, not so much for others. Example: The Racers- that could be potentially scary for someone (adults included) if they are nervous about heights and have not ridden other coasters before.

I get what you mean though. I have been on some rides that I have known people are intentionally yelling to annoy ridemates. That really gets on my nerves and it is a fight to not reach up and "remind" them about manners!

It's so very, very old and unoriginal, but every year, there are those smart alecs who shout at the top of their lungs when the ride isn't even moving. What's worse are the ones who shout obscenities ("Oh s*** let me off!") on tame flats like scrambler. I also hate when people yell stuff like "Oh it hurts so good!" in a perverted tone of voice that's reserved for more private environs. <_<

I don't mind it at all! I think its kind of funny how some people do get freaked out by the smaller rides, but yeah when it's just to annoy or to try and get a laugh its a little annoying. Screaming on the viking ship is part of the fun of the ride though! Didn't KI have an ad a couple years ago where it said something along the lines of being able to scream whenever you wanted?

To me, screaming on Viking Fury is not a choice...it is required! I hate being on it when it is quiet. My nephew & sister have screams that sound like they are already on fire...and someone throws gasoline on them. Believe me you can hear them distinctively near the entrance of Festhaus. I always sit on the opposite side of the boat from them just so I can see people's reactions. I have heard some good comments from others after the ride is over...the most memorable 2 that I liked were, a woman saying in a real snobbie tone "You can stop screaming now...it's over". My favorite though was when 2 boys who had just ridden during the same ride with my nephew got back in line again for another ride. I was standing near them and they didn't know I was "with" him, when they saw him in line again they made it sound like he was a God...one of them said in awe "That's him! That's the one who can scream so loud!".

I guess everyone has different standards of what is ok. (I also do not like obscenities or things like "We're gonna die".)

On our last trip on Viking Fury my nephew came off the ride and said "I can taste blood"...he will probably sound like Tom Waits in the future.

Me and freinds like to scream our heads off on SDATHC, and then we like to scream on any ride. Once on FOF we all started yelling the Star Wars theam at the brakes which for the first time in my life, they fully stoped us, so We took care of that, we started off with the melody, then I went full fledge and screamed we're all gonna die.....IF WE DONT GET OFF THE RIDE.....heehhehe that rymed.

I hate when people scream all the way up the lift...the drop you can yell your head off...but your moving 5 miles an hour up a gradual slope...theres nothing to scream about...if you are that bothered by the fact that you are getting fairly high...tell your riding neighbor/friend...I don't care!

The Viking ship has almost gotten to the point where I can't stand to ride it, I mean seriously what is scary about a swing? Today I rode it and the 2 people next to me screamed at the top of their lungs right in my ear, and it gave me such a headache that I couldn't ride any coasters for about 90 minutes.I just don't get it, it's just a nice mild peaceful ride, nothing can cause a headache like someone screaming in your ear. I really love when they start screaming before the ride hardly even moves. If they scream on the Viking Fury, I can't imagine what the reaction is on The Vortex, passing out perhaps

lol theres no such thing as a Scary ride in my eyes. I fear no ride

ok well maybe one. And thats Drop Tower. I literally fear for my feet on that thing!

Anyway I don't really care. Some people are more easily thrilled than others. Different people have different ride taste. Some people are scared to death to get on a coaster, and for those people "viking fury" is pretty intense!

I don't mind it at all! I think its kind of funny how some people do get freaked out by the smaller rides, but yeah when it's just to annoy or to try and get a laugh its a little annoying. Screaming on the viking ship is part of the fun of the ride though! Didn't KI have an ad a couple years ago where it said something along the lines of being able to scream whenever you wanted?

Screaming on Viking Fury isn't optional. I've always considered it being a contest between the two sides of the ship to see who could scream loudest when it was their turn to be up in the air

• 5 weeks later...

i know what some of you mean. for example, on Adventure Express for some reason i am always cursed to get the seat right in front of two teenaged girls usually around the ages of 17-19 who always have to scream their head off. one time i had one of the girls lean right behind my head and scream as loud as she could just trying to make me mad. then they started cussing up a storm. i mean come on! when i ask sometimes if they could tone it down a little they scream louder just to prove they can. i have even had 20 yr olds or older do the exact same thing. it only seems to happen to me on that ride. now if they are young like 10 or younger..i dont mind. i laugh about it. but the ones who do it just to be obnoxious just make me mad when they dont want to listen.

My cousins, my sister, and I ALWAYS scream on Viking Fury and Adventure Express as loud as we can. We're just joking around, and sometimes we can get the whole train screaming like that, others, we're the only ones :lol: I don't really see a problem with people screaming on rides like that to have FUN! If you want peace and quiet, go read a book in a library, you're in an AMUSEMENT PARK!!!!!! :angry: The most hilarious comment I've ever heard someone say when we got off Adventure Express was, this stupid girl say in a snobby way "I'd hate to see them on the big rides!" It was hilarious! How can you be so stupid not to realise we were joking!

Ive never been a screamer on rides, but I am always up for a good chant during a brake run. For example one of the classics. Before they removed the OTSR on FoF a coupld of buddies and I would always chant during the brake run.

"Nuts and Bolts, Nuts and Bolts... We Got Screwed" That was a chant we always used on a rough ride. Thankfully I no longer can say that about FoF...

I gasp or scream if something startles me, but it's a good startle, like the drop on Invertigo or the turbo drop on Power Tower. I can never tell when those two will release me.

Other than that, I laugh and woohooo on rides and coasters.

I used to hate it when people would scream on non-scary rides, but my friend that works at CP screams like he's terrified on his favorite rides, and it kills me. :lol: I told him we should be stupid and scream our heads off on Iron Dragon when I go up there.

I'm one of those people on Delirium or MaxAir yelling crazy stuff like I WANT MY MOMMY!! or CRANK THIS UP TO MACH 3!!

I LOVE the slow claps and ear-shattering cheering in the MF station on the last train of the night. That ride is so amazing, and the excitement people add to it just makes it even better.