Do you hate constant screaming on non scary rides

raptor

I dont really care i mean on some rides people are just doing it to have some fun but on other rides it is sda to say but sometimes they are actually scared. Viking Fury requires screaming.

I used to scream on Drop Tower, but now i just yell WOO HOOOOOOOOO on the way down with my hands in the air!

How do yo do that? I have ridden it a hundred times and I still am scared out of my mind!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see a problem with people screaming on rides like that to have FUN! If you want peace and quiet, go read a book in a library, you're in an AMUSEMENT PARK!

The best line I have read on here in a while! It reminds me of my sister when we were younger, when we were in the pool she just wanted to float around on a raft and NOT be splashed at all...it never made any sense to me why she even wanted to get in. (As a side note, it was my Aunt's pool and so she would try to make all of us kids happy...so there were "no splash" time periods...boy those were fun.)

My cousins, my sister, and I ALWAYS scream on Viking Fury and Adventure Express as loud as we can. We're just joking around, and sometimes we can get the whole train screaming like that, others, we're the only ones :lol: I don't really see a problem with people screaming on rides like that to have FUN! If you want peace and quiet, go read a book in a library, you're in an AMUSEMENT PARK!!!!!! :angry: The most hilarious comment I've ever heard someone say when we got off Adventure Express was, this stupid girl say in a snobby way "I'd hate to see them on the big rides!" It was hilarious! How can you be so stupid not to realise we were joking!

i am not telling them they cant scream. and im not simply telling them they cant have fun. i know where im at when that happened. i dont mind the screaming. the thing that i didnt care for was when i asked them if they could tone it down a little, the get louder just to prove a point. i dont tink its stupid to say what i thought on here. and if i wanted peace and quite, i wouldnt be at Kings Island. yes, i will agree, it is fun to scream on parts of the ride. but when you are going up a lift hill that is only like 50 feet tall or so and your screaming your lungs out just to get on the nerves of the person in front of you, i think that it is mean to keep doing it if you were asked to tone it down a little. :angry:

I think its annoying when your not doing anything thrilling on a coaster and people are screaming (and yelling very innapropiate things). But when the ride gets to the thrilling parts it makes the ride very fun.(also when your not on the ride, I think theres no better sound in an amusment park than hearing people scream their head off :lol:

The best line I have read on here in a while!

Thank you! Thank you! :D

Thatbandguy,

I understand what you mean about people screaming on lift hills. Normally when we scream on rides like AE or The Racers, or whatever...We at least wait until we go down a hill (most of the time :rolleyes: ) We never do it to get on people's nerves. We just do it to joke around have fun!

I am going to reply to several people's posts in this post.....

As far as Flight Decks block on the lift, I think it is funny when people who don't KNOW what it's doing react.

You know how you go over a series of bumps and you go "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh" ? I do that on The Beast heading around the ravine into the bottom of the lift. That is more for my own personal enjoyment.....LOL

You just HAVE to scream on VF.

I put my hands up and yell "WOOOOOO HOOOOOO" durring the launch of FOF, and on the holding chain on SheiKra.

This has nothing to do with KI, but it is the same topic.... you can tell the difference between "scared" and "playing". One time while riding the last row on Kumba at BGT, there was a little african-american girl dirrectly in front of me. When we crested the lift and started down, she started screaming and didn't take a breath the entire time!.......LOL

I have to agree with some of the others, if the poster of this thread does not like the screaming I suggest not going to an amusement park.

I expect screaming when i go to a place like that.

It's like going to a bar and complaining that everyone is drinking alcohol. D to the UH!

The best line I have read on here in a while!

Thank you! Thank you! :D

Thatbandguy,

I understand what you mean about people screaming on lift hills. Normally when we scream on rides like AE or The Racers, or whatever...We at least wait until we go down a hill (most of the time :rolleyes: ) We never do it to get on people's nerves. We just do it to joke around have fun!

lol yea i know. i guess i have just had bad encounters with some people. but hey, who hasnt right? i mean dont get me wrong, i scream on some of the rides too lol. i know once i get off the ride, i dont have to ever see that person again most likely in life. so i usually just deal with it. i mean the only time it really bugs me is when i get a headach but then i usually stop riding rides after that anyways. i know this is kinda off topic but, i cant wait till Halloween Haunt starts. then i know there will be tons of screaming going on lol. :lol:

I hear there is a park that requires no screaming and if you do they will kick you out.

You probably are referring to the scream shields that Disney has installed on the drop ride at California Adventure. If you scream into that shield, it will bounce back into your own ears and darn near pierce your eardrums. The park is beside a residential area, and the residents thereof insist on absolute peace and quiet.

Bell's at Tulsa also was close to a residential neighborhood. Zingo, the wooden coaster there, had a 9pm curfew for noise, imposed by court order. Under no circumstance was it allowed to run later. Comet at the The Great Escape has similar restrictions.

On certain rides it annoys me. Like for example viking, racer, black lot stunt coaster (i think thats what they're calling it now). Them rides are boringgggg. To me anyway. I use to like the backwards racer but now that they've taken it out theres no since of even getting on it now :( .

On certain rides it annoys me. Like for example viking, racer, black lot stunt coaster (i think thats what they're calling it now). Them rides are boringgggg. To me anyway. I use to like the backwards racer but now that they've taken it out theres no since of even getting on it now :( .

Viking Fury is nothing but a screaming contest. I always head to it after lunch at Festhaus and scream until I'm blue in the face. I think it's really fun even though it's a fairly boring ride.

Viking Fury is nothing but a screaming contest. I always head to it after lunch at Festhaus and scream until I'm blue in the face. I think it's really fun even though it's a fairly boring ride.

Yeah, on Viking Fury the ride ops play it up as a screaming contest. That is about outdoing the other side of the boat and it's FUN!! But when the boat comes to a stop and people are still screaming when the restraints are released...........

There was a time when Viking Fury was fun without the "help" of ride ops who encourage a practice that annoys so many. For many of us, that time is still now, but we no longer ride it or do so very seldom due to ride op practices either allowed or encouraged by current management. Or...Terpy is getting old and crusty. Or both.

Perhaps if the park wonders why attendance is down markedly from that a decade or so ago, it should consider not just the economy, but also things like ride op practices, hawkers at games with LOUD microphones, bouncing basketballs, VERY high in park pricing--especially on food, the greatly lower quality of in park souvenirs and gifts, etc. The park has come so far with entertainment and the atmosphere of the park in so many ways...but it sure would be interesting to find a season pass contact list from, say, 1995, attempt to exclude those who still have passes, and ask the others "Do you still have a pass? If not, do you still go to the park? If not, why not?" It's nice to survey customers, but it might be much more informative to survey those who used to be customers but no longer are. I'd be willing to bet that, like at Six Flags, many non-customers no longer come to the park due to the conduct of some of the park guests, conduct not just allowed but in fact encouraged by, for an example, ride ops at Viking Fury. A pity.

Yeah, on Viking Fury the ride ops play it up as a screaming contest. That is about outdoing the other side of the boat and it's FUN!! But when the boat comes to a stop and people are still screaming when the restraints are released...........

Yea your right it basicly is a screaming contest. I still don't like it though xD. And yes that is soooo annoying when people are still screaming when it stops. A lot of time i find people screaming before a ride reaches the hill and that annoys me too. The only rides i've ever screamed on was Vortex, that was because i was only 7 or 8 and it was my fist "big kid" ride. The first time i got on drop zone, SOB, and FOF. I rarely scream on rides :P

My brother and I have gotten some very dirty looks for screaming on AE. We don't do it EVERY time but mostly when our mom is riding with us because she gets so embarrassed but ends up laughing by the end because we are screaming so loud and acting like we are so scared. I think we started doing it on that ride because my aunt is deathly afraid of AE and she rode it with me one time in the front seat and she was screaming bloody murder on the first tiny drop....so funny. I never scream profanities and don't scream to annoy people, I just like to have fun. Just think, what gets you more pumped up to ride...when everyone is just sitting there acting like they'd rather be anywhere else but on a roller coaster, or when people are actually cheering and screaming and having a good time?

Yes I agree it can be obnoxious when people scream to annoy others or scream cuss words around kids and such(like at the end of Racer when people scream at the top of their lungs just to make people angry). But when my brother and my cousin got yelled at by that woman and were told they 'couldn't handle the big rides' or when people turn around in their seats to glare at you just because you're screaming on a 'BORING' ride like AE, then that's stupid. Boring to some is terrifying for others! How do they know I'm not truly terrified? :D

~Ash

There was a time when Viking Fury was fun without the "help" of ride ops who encourage a practice that annoys so many.

Ooooh, for the FIRST time, I have found something that I disagree with The Interpreter about!

I do not know how old you are…but I can not remember a time when there wasn’t some kind of screaming on Viking Fury…that is all I can ever remember. I was even around for the several years of the “Tastes Great…Less Filling” time period. (In hindsight I find it odd that even the young children knew that jingle enough to yell it…not a good thing.)

I have rode the occasional Viking Fury ride with a “boring” quiet crowd…and that is exactly how they look when they get off…bored…they look like they are thinking “is that all this ride is”.

Believe it or not, but Viking Fury is on my list of top 10 rides at the park…but only because of the USUAL interaction between everyone. (The interaction of screaming seems to make it more of a community activity.) Don’t get me wrong, I know that Viking Fury as a ride is actually pretty lame…but when I am on it with a “good” crowd it can’t be beat.

Or...Terpy is getting old and crusty.

You wanna know my “You know your old test”…it’s not hard. In my opinion, you are “officially” old when you don’t like snow anymore.

I think on Viking Furry, there is a mixture of "fake" and "real" screams..

I mean when that boat is at full swing and you are on the very end of the ride, you are high up there.

Even more than I hate the screaming is when for example, I was at Kings Dominion and got of Grizzly. I thouroughly enjoyed that coaster, but there was some 12 y/o boys who got off and kept say as they passed someone heading toward the ride.. "That ride sucked! I almost hit my head! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH"

Even talking about how it hurt their genitals, as if they had any, ANYWAY!.....lol It took everything in my power not to back hand him in the mouth. I mean for crying outloud there are other children around.

• 3 weeks later...