SUGGESTION: New Water Ride

dustyj1986

As I have replied to another member's post- I believe Kings Island and its patrons would benefit greatly from a new water ride.

The last one installed (the revamping of kings mills log flume to wild thornberry's river adventure doesn't count..)

is Congo (Amazon) Falls in 1988. The one prior to that was 1985-White Water Canyon (which I might add we are fortunate to still have). Before that- 1973s Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal. With this pattern we should have received 2 new water rides.

Now with Cedar Fair in control, I believe a new era has occurred. We did not receive any new water rides while under Paramount's reign.

Now- in this day in age we are not restricted to a mere log flume nor raging rivers ride.

just check out Intamin's site at Intaminworldwide.com

THERE ARE SO MANY oppurtunities!

Post your comments on what you believe would be a great water ride addition, what type it should be and where in the park it should be installed.

Thanks in advance, fellow members!

I agree with you, but after visiting Cedar Point this past week.........I would also love an upgrade of White Water Canyon.

Thunder Canyon at CP has 4 waterfalls in it, but no geysers. WWC has the geysers, but no waterfalls. TC has better theming, but I still think WWC is better because it is longer and has the geysers, but could be awesome with some added waterfalls located where the boats would be forced into them by the flow of water. That would be my first suggestion. WWC is my favorite ride at KI. I love rollercoasters, but I love more the thought of getting on WWC with family and friends and watching people get soaked including myself. It truly is an adventure, especially when you get to the geysers/cannons and people are shooting at you. It's a total blast to see who gets the most soaked. At TC, I watched our entire boat, except my one daughter got spared, get soaked......different people on the boat got soaked by different waterfalls......it was a hoot. Floating down the river wondering which way the boat was going to turn and who was going to end up in the waterfalls made for some good excitement. Wish KI had them. But still love the cannons.

Not sure where they would put a new water ride.

I wish the waterpark had some "in the dark" slides like CP. Those were the best. You really are in pitch black darkness.