How long would you wait to ride your favorite roller coaster?

coaster lover

I'm an impatient person so I'd just leave and come back when the ride's dead. I'm not really willing to wait more than a half hour to ride anything! I used to have patience with rides until I went to Cedar Point on a Saturday. Shortest wait was a half hour to ride Corkscrew. I remember waiting 3 hours to ride Raptor, 2 hours to ride mean streak, 2 hours to ride Magnum XL-200, and an hour to ride Gemini! I was at Cedar Point for 12 hours, Only rode like 5 or 6 rides! Back then I didn't have a driver's license ( was only 14) so I didn't really have much of a choice when I went. My youth group at church was going so I took advantage of the opportunity. Of course being a Youth Group, its most convenient for Parents in their 30's/40's to go on a weekend.

So I guess my answer is 1/2 hour. Thats really it for anything. Don't get me wrong I have waited up to 1 1/2 hours to ride Firehawk recently, but thats just because I wanted to try out the new ride.

^ Agreed.

I waited about 1:45:00 yesterday for Firehawk, and I almost died.

If it wasn't so freaking HOT outside I wouldn't mind waiting in line for Firehawk. I swear to god I'm going to kiss whoever thought of putting the little mist things on the fans in that quene.

^ Agreed.

I waited about 1:45:00 yesterday for Firehawk, and I almost died.

If it wasn't so freaking HOT outside I wouldn't mind waiting in line for Firehawk. I swear to god I'm going to kiss whoever thought of putting the little mist things on the fans in that quene.

That brings me to this - I swear those fans were against me! Every time I got near one the line proceeded or the fan was facing the wrong way, and the line would move before it would turn again.

I waited over 3 hours to ride MF at Cedar Point in the front seat it's second year, was absolutely worth the wait then, but having ridden it many time recently with very little wait in early entry and at night on less crowded days, it would be hard to go back and do that again, but if it was the only way to ride it I would.

I can't wait that long for anything, no matter how good it is...

We always schedule vacation days for our visits so we can go through the week. The longest wait we had this year was for the FOF...about 20 minutes......

The A/C made it great, so I would have waited double the time for that one!!!!

I would and have waited upwards of 3 hours for rides on opening day, but otherwise its not really worth the wait unless it is like my first time riding something or I won't be visiting that park again for a long time. But if all the lines at KI are crowded I usually leave before I would wait 2 hours to ride Vortex.

Guest rcfreak339
^3.5 hours for a Standup! Holy nelson!

I waited 30 minutes for Mantis and I thought it wasn't worth more than a walk-on!

Yea and it was completely worth it! :)

Yep, 30 minutes, MAYBE 45 absolute max for me nowadays. We went Sunday, I took one lap around the park, discovered the lines for FOF, Firehawk, Vortex, Beast, and BLSC ranged anywhere from 1 hour to 1:45.... and we let. Im going tomorrow so I can actually ride the rides I like more than once in the entire day. that is the number 2 reason I wont renew my passes next year. Ive discovered that my time is too important to me to justify 2 to 3 hours for a 3 minute ride.

I have waited 5 hours for Firehawk on opening day (so not worth it by the way.) I have waited about 3 hours for Goliath which was worth it (and then we bought a Flash Pass so we could ride it many more times.) I have waited about 2 hours for Millennium Force and 4 hours for TTD, they are both worth it (and on Coaster Mania i got 18 walk on's on Milly, and a few walk on's on TTD.) I have waited 4 hours for SOB, last July on a hot saturday (it was sooo worth it though.)

Yep, 30 minutes, MAYBE 45 absolute max for me nowadays. We went Sunday, I took one lap around the park, discovered the lines for FOF, Firehawk, Vortex, Beast, and BLSC ranged anywhere from 1 hour to 1:45.... and we let. Im going tomorrow so I can actually ride the rides I like more than once in the entire day. that is the number 2 reason I wont renew my passes next year. Ive discovered that my time is too important to me to justify 2 to 3 hours for a 3 minute ride.

Wow. And to think:

* I have often driven ten hours, or more, each way, to ride a wanted roller coaster, even if just once.

* I drove straight from Las Vegas to LA and then back, stopping only to ride Tatsu...once...as the line was so long. On about four hours sleep. And it was worth every boring mile of the drive, too.

* I have been known to make the trek to Kings Island, which for me, suffice it to say, is not short, merely to ride The Crypt....or Son of Beast on 4 July last year, and then happily head for home.

Yep, the world is composed of different kinds of people, and I am far different than you, IBEW_Sparky...not that there is anything wrong with that. Heck, I even have Busch passes which some years I use not at all, others I use more than ten times. Same for Dollywood.

Actually the ONLY redeeming feature of that drive (other than having Desperado on it) is a wonderful little Greek restaurant I am always afraid I will miss, but never do! :)

And yes, that is a very interesting road name, too! Bet there is an interesting story behind that one...

Terpy, who tries to make every trip a great adventure