The Beast's 30th

Guest TombraiderTy

Guest TombraiderTy

Okay, so we all know that The Beast turns 30 next year, despite the fact that Diamondback stole its spotlight. What do you all think the park has in store to celebrate, if anything? Also, what would you LIKE the park to do to celebrate?

My opinions posted below...

While many people would disagree with my wants for the coaster, I would love to see it receive a "face-lift" and regain its title as the world's longest roller coaster with the assisstance of The Gravity Group. Additional lengths of track that could include tunnels, underground drops, helixes, ect. I would definitely like to see the removal of the midway break-run and have it replaced with two dips that offer air-time, something that The Beast is currently lacking.

I for one, would NOT want the park to make any changes like you suggested. That would just ruin the ride in my opinion.

However, it will be interesting to see if they make any changes to the entrance plaza of The Beast, as the final helix for Diamondback will be right where the long gone Beast sign used to reside back in the late 90`s, like the 20th anniversary sign back in 1999.

The LAST thing I'd want to see is Cedar Fair altering The Beast. The simple fact is next year is 2009, and standards now are far different than when Beast was built. I can only imagine what would be done to the coaster while bringing it up to modern day standards. With all due respect, altering Beast to make it longer is about the worst possible idea to "honor" it.

Guest TombraiderTy

Like I said, I knew many of you would disagree with me :D

The Beast has lowered to the 4th longest coaster in the world and is rated in position 19 out of 20 in the top 25 wooden roller coasters in the world on CoasterFanatics.com. And, as many people have pointed out, what is The Beast but a giant mine-train ride? Long stretches of track seem to be the signature part of the attraction. I personally think The Gravity Group could come in and make The Beast a TRUE monster. Of course, I realize that many of you will probably not change your positions on your thoughts of physical changes, despite the fact that such have been done before.

TombraiderTy, I think this is one of 3 things:

1-You are just trying to get another thread to reach 6000 posts.

2-Your a die hard ACE member.

3-You have applied for the Jerry Springer show and you are just padding your resume.

(1 of those is a fun idea in my mind.)

Guest TombraiderTy
TombraiderTy, I think this is one of 3 things:

1-You are just trying to get another thread to reach 6000 posts.

2-Your a die hard ACE member.

3-You have applied for the Jerry Springer show and you are just padding your resume.

(1 of those is a fun idea in my mind.)

1-No, I just posted this to see what people A. Think will happen for the 30th and B. What people would like to happen for the 30th.

2-No, not an ACE member. Not enough cash at the moment to become one, and doubtful I would since I probably wouldn't take much advantage of it.

3-No. I hate that show.

This topic is meant for people to toss ideas out that they would like to see and what they think they will see. Like I personally think we'll see, on the park map, a 30th anniversary logo for The Beast. However, I doubt we'll see much more. I only stated what I would LIKE to happen, not to offend anyone or cause some problems. I do realize that many people are "sensitive" with their Beast though, so I'll drop my ideas out of this thread and instead keep my ears open to any other ideas from other members.

Like I said, I knew many of you would disagree with me :D

The Beast has lowered to the 4th longest coaster in the world and is rated in position 19 out of 20 in the top 25 wooden roller coasters in the world on CoasterFanatics.com. And, as many people have pointed out, what is The Beast but a giant mine-train ride? Long stretches of track seem to be the signature part of the attraction. I personally think The Gravity Group could come in and make The Beast a TRUE monster. Of course, I realize that many of you will probably not change your positions on your thoughts of physical changes, despite the fact that such have been done before.

I would love to see Gravity Group build a true monster at KI without touching The Beast....

i think that if changes were ever made to The Beast then they would be way far in the future. right now it is still a popular ride(and will be for years to come), so why change it. if it ever does get to the point in time when its ridership goes too low then they should start talks about what they could do to it, but now is too early in my opinion.

Build a newer, faster, longer coaster....Fine. But don't mess with a classic.

It is 19 out of 20 on a list huh? I would like to see how many of those were built AFTER The Beast, and probably used it as the footprint for their ride.

Those chicks on Trading Spaces do some really cool stuff to fix up older homes, but I don't think they'll be getting a call to "spruce up" The Sistine Chapel anytime soon.....I mean, how old is that place? I'm sure there are bigger newer churches around with more comfortable seating. Why haven't they "fixed" that place?

Build a newer, faster, longer coaster....Fine. But don't mess with a classic.

It is 19 out of 20 on a list huh? I would like to see how many of those were built AFTER The Beast, and probably used it as the footprint for their ride.

Those chicks on Trading Spaces do some really cool stuff to fix up older homes, but I don't think they'll be getting a call to "spruce up" The Sistine Chapel anytime soon.....I mean, how old is that place? I'm sure there are bigger newer churches around with more comfortable seating. Why haven't they "fixed" that place?

At the risk of being sacreligious............ Amen.

Here are some cool idea's for the birthday celebration.

1.A question answer day with those people who created The Beast.

2.a free tour day a behind the look at The Beast.

3.have The Beast run run just like it did on day one.

4.double ride friday the 13th in honor of it's first run.

5.late night saturday rides on The Beast.(Keep it running later on that night)

6.Free photo day on your birthday.

7.Free double ride,if your bithrday is the same as The Beast.

8.interview with that irs guy who rode The Beast a record number of times.(that would be neat)

Guest TombraiderTy

Just wanted to point a small detail out about my former idea: If they made changes to the ride that made it more exciting/thrilling, what percentage of average park guests do you think would even care they changed a "classic"? Just saying...

But we do know that they'll be redoing the entrance area of the ride!

Guest TombraiderTy

^^ It was a large draw for bugs and mosquitos, plus people would throw there trash in and make it dirty. It was really just a health hazard.

Here are some cool idea's for the birthday celebration.

1.A question answer day with those people who created The Beast.

2.a free tour day a behind the look at The Beast.

3.have The Beast run run just like it did on day one.

4.double ride friday the 13th in honor of it's first run.

5.late night saturday rides on The Beast.(Keep it running later on that night)

6.Free photo day on your birthday.

I cringe at the thought of a late night Saturday ride for the sake of that crew. Because of the fireworks policy, I've seen the crew get out extremely late. A late night ride would probably result in The Beast crew getting out at 1 or later.

^^ It was a large draw for bugs and mosquitos, plus people would throw there trash in and make it dirty. It was really just a health hazard.

oh. I just knew it looked pretty neat, but I think I can manage without it for the sake of not having mosquitos and and trash everywhere.