Thanks For Helping to Make Another KIC Day an Awesome Success & Tidbits

BoddaH1994

We're all very tired, but I still wanted to be the first to thank everyone for helping to make the second KICentral Day at Kings Island a very special day and such a success! We really appreciate you guys coming out and spending the day with us!

Tidbits Revealed on KIC Day:

On Labor Day, August 1st, Mrs. Carmen Electra will be on hand at Kings Island as part of their Labor Day Weekend Activities! More information to come...

The "fun by day" part of Halloween Haunt will be expanded into the picnic grove where kids will be invited to a Halloween Party with a dance floor, costume contest and more!

Thanks Ryan – first of all I can see a lot of members who had a bit of a drive checking in and glad to see everyone getting home safe.

I would like to thank both the KICentral staff and KI park staff for putting on such a fun filled but also educational day. I haft to admit we did so much and learned so much that it is going to take bit to remember everything. Meeting so many members face to face was great I just wished we had more opportunities to do that.

While on the subject of "Thank You", I would like to thank everyone that planned this event and made all of the special activities possible! This was perhaps my best trip to the park ever and it makes me feel very special and honored to be part of such a fantastic group of people. I had a really great day and got to put some faces with names. Thanks so much to everyone for the best trip ever!

Well first of all thanks to all who made this event possible Ryan, Robbie, Ronny, Dane, Ceadar Fair, and all the nice folks from this years and last years events.

Everything at this event was a real treat, and I look forward to meeting you all again soon. My wife and I had a great time. Unfortunately I will not be able to

attend Labor day weekend because I'll be on call, the sacrifice made to be at the second coming. I'll post some pics in a TR later when I get a chance.

Don`t forget to mention our other staff member Bill. It was a fun filled event and day at the park, even though the park was very crowded!

Pictures from the event from both Ronny and myself will be forthcoming shortly.

Again, thanks to Don, Kate, and Evan from KI`s PR department for making this event possible as well as Tony Carovillano and Jeff Gramke for partaking in the Q&A session, as well as the entire cast from Flashback: Totally 80s, Kings Island in general, and Cedar Fair for making this event all possible. But, most importantly of all, thanks to all the users of KIC who showed up to the event to make it possible to. We all share a passion about Kings Island, and it was nice to take a slightly different approach to a visit to the park, and be able to go behind the scenes on some things, and get some insights into the inner workings of the park.

HEY! How about showing some love to the guy who went out and bought new batteries for the bull horn? :)

It was a great day indeed. I would like to take this time to publicly thank Avatar for his wedding gift! I would give you a hug, but men don't do that! (inside joke)

Don`t forget to mention our other staff member Bill.

Sorry to Bill and anyone else I forgot to mention, the list goes on. Everyone I did not mention would have to fall in the nice folks catagory

since you were really a great group of people. Plus I'm not the best w/ names and was lucky enough to remember the ones I did. By the

way what was the name of that new ride I think I forgot was it Lithium or something. JK :lol:

Bill I thought we had this conversation yesterday; many families grow up where hugging is very common , in fact in many overseas cultures it is very common for men to hug in public. I can tell your new wife Hope must have been brought up in a family of caring for each other shown by hugs because you said she was the one who told you to give me the hug, you are fortunate to have someone like that in your life now.

Admit it didn’t you feel better once we did hug; you fulfilled your new wife’s instructions and showed someone a heart felt appreciation, and does it really matter now how it might have looked to other people you did not know who where basing their opinion on assumptions.

Now have said all that I think you need to work on how to hug other men as if Robbie will post the picture it looks like you where trying to choke me with your forearm.

So many highlights of the day and meeting many of you who post regularly was a treat as well as meeting many members who mostly lurk a very nice forum community experience.

Well, the batch of photos I took at yesterday`s event are now up here. Ronny will have more pictures, including from the Q&A session with the cast of Flashback 80`s, the Q&A session with Tony Caravillano and Jeff Gramke, pictures from the raffle, as well as from the ERT aboard The Racer at night.

And for Bill, the below photo is also in that gallery.

IMG_2363.jpg

Did anyone take pics? I was unable to attend due to work.

Yup, I took 245. I'm working on a PTR right now.

Great day yesterday guys. Thanks so much to all of you here and to all the PR people at KI. I was really impressed with everything yesterday. A wonderful job of planning and presenting. Thanks so much. If the Third Coming takes place, count me in! :D

I want to type out this long post thanking everyone and telling about all the awesome things we did, but I am completely exhaused from yesterday, so I'm gonna go back to bed for a little bit and I will have a photo recap of the day posted soon!

Yesterday rivaled my favorite day at Kings Island ever. . . . right up there with the Knievel jump.

I would like to thank everyone from Kings Island and KICentral for making yesterday such a fantastic day at the park. It was nice to see everyone from the site at the park yesterday and put faces to some of the names. I had a really great time and i know my dad did also. We did so much great things at the park i cant decide what was my favorite part of the day. I would also like to thank the cast of Flashback: Totally 80's for speaking with us and also would like to thank Tony and Jeff for speaking with us also.

Tidbits Revealed on KIC Day:

On Labor Day, August 1st, Mrs. Carmen Electra will be on hand at Kings Island as part of their Labor Day Weekend Activities! More information to come...

The "fun by day" part of Halloween Haunt will be expanded into the picnic grove where kids will be invited to a Halloween Party with a dance floor, costume contest and more!

I'm pretty Sure they also said The Beast's Station will be re-done because of Diamondback, but I could be wrong.

Thanks, to all of the KIC staff and KI staff, for setting this up for us. It was a great day. The best time i had at the park. Also my girlfriend really enjoyed it and cant wait for next year. That is after she keep saying how dumb or boring it was going to be. So she really had a great time aswell, and the coolest part for her and i was getting to ride the

Racer behind Don and Ryan.

Funny that you say that. Don and I were joking that as long as I had known him, that was the first real ride I had ever ridden with him. The only exception would be the Eiffel Tower, but we went up there to take photos for a press kit earlier in the year... so that doesn't really count. :D

Well I would also like to thank every one who went and had fun with out me. And to make things worse, I had to stay an extra day and will be coming home in about two hours. (That is to the airport, where I will board a plane for a 7hour flight home.)

Well, now that I have regained at least partial feeling and electrical activity in my brain, I would also like to express my thanks to Ryan, Dane, Evan, and other bigwigs at KICentral.com and Kings Island PR department I didn't mention, and of course Don Helbig for another spectacular KIC day. Apart from having my brains completely scrambled on 2 early rides on Invertigo, my friends and I had a blast (note to self: don't ride inverted coasters as first ride of the day). We all did the Son of Beast tour, which was amazing to be so close to such a huge wooden structure. You can tell while riding that it's a very tall coaster, but standing next to it just showed it's monumental size.

Due to some health issues with one of my friends (bad feet and can't walk too far... Sonny tour almost did him in), only a couple of us went on the Diamondback tour. All I could say was "wow." I can't believe the amount of space that ride will occupy. Then you add how tall it's going to be, and mercy. All the hype is already worth it, and there's not even a piece of coaster track installed yet (at least that I could see). The Beast tour was awesome again. I got to take some more pictures I couldn't take last year because my phone ran out of batteries.

We all enjoyed the picnic. The pulled BBQ pork was very tasty, and the baked mac-n-cheese was delicious. The raffle was an awesome idea, and the autograph picture I got of some Reds player or another was nice, but as a Cubs fan, I have to wonder 2 things... what am I going to do with a signed picture of a Reds player, and who in the [insert censor bar here] would willingly be a Reds fan? Maybe in the 70s and 80s when they were, oh, I don't know, good, but it's time to jump on the Cubs bandwagon (be nice to the Billy Goat on that wagon).

ERT on The Racer was the perfect way to end the day. I was able to get 5 rides in before my body threw in the towel (and almost my dinner). RED RACER RULES!! BANGERANG!! We kicked the Blue Racer's derriere! Maybe it's because there was only 1 person riding ol' Blue when we were racing, BUT THAT'S NO EXCUSE!!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM, BLUE RACER!!! MUAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, that was evil twin talking. I pushed him out my window. He's gone now.

I also enjoyed meeting more people from the forum. Got to put more faces to names that I'm going to forget by the next KIC Day next year.

That's all I have for now. Perhaps when I regain full consciousness and brain activity I may post more, but it's good night for now.

I'm a little late posting on here, but I too would like to say thanks to everyone for one of the best days at the park I have had. The "run for the hills" Diamondback teaser sign I won in the raffle was a great birthday gift. It was also extra special bacause of the signatures on the back. It has found a spot on my wall above my on ride photos. I appreciate all of the experiences I had yesterday including my first two rides on Invertigo. Thanks again for the amazing day.

I'm a little late posting on here, but I too would like to say thanks to everyone for one of the best days at the park I have had. The "run for the hills" Diamondback teaser sign I won in the raffle was a great birthday gift. It was also extra special bacause of the signatures on the back. It has found a spot on my wall above my on ride photos. I appreciate all of the experiences I had yesterday including my first two rides on Invertigo. Thanks again for the amazing day.

That was a great idea having everyone sign it. Happy belated birthday.

You know when you buy a car and suddenly you see a lot of cars like yours because you now notice them more. Well since the KICentral Event every time I see one of the participants names on one of the post it seems like their screen names stands out more.

Yeah a great event