Top gun & SOB

chippewa&idora4ever

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, true. But back on topic. If They were to demolish Flight Deck, Okay wait just a moment, I'm not going to start calling a ride that has been known as TOP GUN for 15 years another name because CF changed it, they wouldn't if Top Gun hadn't been a trademark of Paramount/ Viacom. sooooo. If they were to demolish Top Gun Do you think that they would rebuild there or just leave it in rot, station and que. I wouldnt be surprised if it remained SBNO for several years like Flashback at Six Flags Magic Mountain. poor Top Gun

Is there not someone making new trains - suspended swing seats (floorless) - for these rides? That's all you would need to change the feeling, if that's what's so darn important to everyone. It seems, once again, that some of you people think that 15 or 20 million dollars for a coaster is nothing and it should just be "thrown out" like garbage because you think bigger is better or whatever ****amamy reasons you have. Yes, I can express my opinions too - and I just have!

Guest rcfreak339

I'm Pretty sure Intamin does make wheels and other parts for Arrow coasters because if they didn't we wouldn't have Vortex or Flightdeck because it would cost to much money to Coustom make needed replacement parts and trains.

Someone surely still builds parts for Arrow's. After all, KI has 3 Arrow's (Vortex, Adventure Express, Flight Deck). Wouldn't S&S power support Arrow coasters since they own whats left of the company?

I want to see them keep both Flight Deck and Son of Beast. Flight Deck isn't bad, it's decently intense, and I agree, if it were a minute longer it would be a much better ride. The ride que is also redicolous for this thing... if they demolish any thing they need to take down part of that que! However it has seemed to be a reliable ride for the last 15 years and its one of those that you just gotta ride every visit for the hell of it. Just like Adventure Express I always find myself on that coaster every visit! I don't see them removing it just because well there money is probably tapped for a while after building Diamondback, and its not really hurting anything in the corner of the park its in. Also its good for the coaster count.

I don't see them tearing down Son of Beast any time in the near future just because, like others have said it seems like it would be an even bigger waste of money to tear down Son of Beast. if they were going to do that they probably should of done it after the incident of '06. I still don't think it improved much on the smooth side of things, but I have found its the smoothest coaster in the park in the front of the train, and the roughest in the back. Why is that anyway?

Someone surely still builds parts for Arrow's. After all, KI has 3 Arrow's (Vortex, Adventure Express, Flight Deck). Wouldn't S&S power support Arrow coasters since they own whats left of the company?

Unless I'm mistaken Vekoma built new trains for an Arrow Suspended Swinging. So if I had to guess it would be Vekoma.

Unless I'm mistaken Vekoma built new trains for an Arrow Suspended Swinging. So if I had to guess it would be Vekoma.

thats what i said earlier

right, I forgot it was arrow who built it. For some reason I always think it's Vekoma. Anyways,it's odd you would say b&m invert after my comment, because that's exactly what I was thinking.

but again, why couldn't they get s&s to do it. I mean, (and I could be mistaken, because I'm working off of memory here) they still support X, don't they?

I think that was arrow and s&s anyways...

I want to see them keep both Flight Deck and Son of Beast. Flight Deck isn't bad, it's decently intense, and I agree, if it were a minute longer it would be a much better ride. The ride que is also redicolous for this thing... if they demolish any thing they need to take down part of that que! However it has seemed to be a reliable ride for the last 15 years and its one of those that you just gotta ride every visit for the hell of it. Just like Adventure Express I always find myself on that coaster every visit! I don't see them removing it just because well there money is probably tapped for a while after building Diamondback, and its not really hurting anything in the corner of the park its in. Also its good for the coaster count.

I don't see them tearing down Son of Beast any time in the near future just because, like others have said it seems like it would be an even bigger waste of money to tear down Son of Beast. if they were going to do that they probably should of done it after the incident of '06. I still don't think it improved much on the smooth side of things, but I have found its the smoothest coaster in the park in the front of the train, and the roughest in the back. Why is that anyway?

we never were talking about the Son of Beast getting demolished

The topic basically implies we were talking about Son of Beast being demolished

thats what i said earlier

Something like:

Vampire

p8595.jpg

I thought Top Gun was supposed to get these trains after one of them hit a truck sitting below the track... or at least it was a rumor.

so how come S&S doesn't support the Arrow Products? From my understanding Arrow still exists, but S&S bought them, and they are now called S&S Arrow. Shouldn't they support the Arrow coasters?

Anyway I know I"m dreaming but speaking of other companies supporting Arrows, who wouldn't want some new modern day B&M "sitdown coaster" trains for The Vortex? Trains like the ones on "led zepplin the ride" at HRP or "kumba" at Busch Gardens Tampa. Like i said its far fetch but I'd love it. I'd like to see them do that and repaint The Vortex to dark blue and dark red.

These are the custom looping trains I'm referring too.

p172.jpg

^Flight Deck is a great thrilling ride, just to short. give it a new paint job and it'll be fine!

New paint solves the shortness of the ride how?

Come on, that's why it's a walk-on. To compensate for the shortness.

It's not always a walk-on. Like PKIVortex said, it does have a decent line on some days. I went on a Wednesday and the line was out of the station and down the stairs. I hardly think that KI "makes the ride a walk on to compensate for the length of the ride."

Well for one the B&M sit down train is to wide, the track gauge is all wrong and new trains arent going to make the transitions any better. Thats an Arrow trademark, bad transitions.

Not to mention that on Kumba's trains, the riders do not sit tilted back such that their feet cannot easily touch the floor...unlike newer otherwise similar B & M trains. B & M no longer offers the type of trains on Kumba, except as replacements, if even that.

doesn't led zeplin the ride have the same trains? Anyway I was thinking the same type of trains more or less, but ones that only seat 2 across. if B&M could make us some awesome trains for The Vortex it really would be a massive improvement. just kinda hate how the back seats of the current trains feel like the back seat of a camaro, and the front seats have that stupid wheel well. needless to say the ride's awesome, but the trains really aren't.

LZTR seems to be the only reason to visit HRP. Nothing else seems interesting. A arrow dynamics custom looping coaster, except made by B&M. No horrible transitions, six inversions, 155 foot drop, and speakers on the trains that blare "a Whole lotta love" in sync with the ride. Great Idea, just too bad the rest of the park sucks.

Anyway its just an idea really. I for one would be happy if Vortex just lasts 10 or 20 more years! Still my favorite ride in the park!

Okay, so tell me again how a topic about Top Gun and Son of Beast became a topic about Vortex, Kumba, and led Zepplin the ride? :wacko: , just kidding. But the Vampire trains would mean a big change for "Flight Deck" which would require a name change and new scenery. Seeing as it would no longer feel like your sitting in an fighter jet.

The topic basically implies we were talking about Son of Beast being demolished

not until you posted that.