Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Wait a Sec, I just noticed something, it may be nothing but then again

In this pic Here:

ThatmuchdoneAlready.jpg

You see the yellow supports at the bottom. A couple of small ones.

But if you look at this pic:

Waitasec.jpg

You see that there is an extra fat one. Are they preparing to get those ones up or something?

In this pic Here:

ThatmuchdoneAlready.jpg

Waitasec.jpg

You see that there is an extra fat one. Are they preparing to get those ones up or something?

There is also a small one missing.

In this pic Here:

ThatmuchdoneAlready.jpg

Waitasec.jpg

There is also a small one missing.

They just put up one of the small ones. The camera timing was off and I got a glimpse of it.

Hard to tell what's been done today just by looking at the webcam.

Since the park is closed, we're not getting updates from inside the park. Now is when it would be nice to see official construction updates from the park. It's been 3 weeks since the announcement, and no updates to the blog or construction gallery on the Diamondback site. :(

Hopefully we'll see some nice pics after this coming weekend.

It looks to me like they are using the boom lifts around the curve into the station and there are a lot of cars moving back in the woods, besides that the crane hasn't even moved.

I also got a good view of the area when the camera's timing was off, and was able to see that they had put up this support:

Layout-1.gif

I happened to see a semi backing into the area in front of The Beast earlier today. Not sure what was on the bed because it was just out of the frame, but it didn't look like it was carrying track or supports. It wasn't a flat bed trailer. My first thought was possibly shipping parts of a crane. ;)

I happened to see a semi backing into the area in front of The Beast earlier today. Not sure what was on the bed because it was just out of the frame, but it didn't look like it was carrying track or supports. It wasn't a flat bed trailer. My first thought was possibly shipping parts of a crane. ;)

i saw that to. but i saw what was on it. there was 2 or 3 track pieces on it

I've been on the Internet Channel of my Wii and keep it on the webcam page. Walk into my room and BAM I can see the construction progress.

I think they are continuing to work on the area near the station before expanding. Again it seems they are working on catwalks.