Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I don't think that it would take more than 3 weeks to get those highest supports up so maybe they are trying to put all the stuff in that goes over the pathway before then. I don't think they would have the crane in their whil HH is going on.

Well, looking at it's current position and what is going up I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that area will be there focus for now, because it's not easy to move those cranes and it's not cheap to rent them and let them sit there while you do other things.

Well that's what makes me think they are going to use that crane heavily for the next 3 weeks.

Keep in mind that while the crawler crane may be on the midway when they are assembling it, that does not mean that they will not move it off of the midway for weekend operation. There are several places where they could "park" it. Did anyone ride The Beast this weekend? Did you notice that tall fence that stood between the old exit pathway (now just a maintenance path, and the entrance area for the behind the scenes Diamondback and Beast tours on KIC day) and the Crypt had been partially removed and a gravel road put in? This is likely so that the crane can get to the paths back behind The Crypt without that sharp right turn that had existed right by the old Beast exit.

Additionally, they could park the crane behind the antique photo building, as there are two very wide gates there, almost parallel with the lift for Diamondback.

^Terpy, I would never boo you, I have come to enjoy your sense of humor.

So do you think the "Big Red Crane" is located right in front of the train station?

It looks to be that way.

What I want to know is why are the supports over there Yellow when in the animation they are Clearly cream colored?

That big yellow support they just put up by the train tracks is not the start of the second hill. It is the bottom of the first hill. But on the track layout that support should be tan colored. So maybe they decided to make it yellow.

Or maybe they put it in the wrong place,and when they find out they'll throw a fit.