Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Well I seem to be the only one watching the webcam even when they aren't doing anything, and That has paid off!

In the Picture below you can see a shadow of what could be a new support, (Which is likely because there are less yellow supports on the bottom left hand of the screen) right in between the first Lift Support:

Ahha.jpg

In this Picture if you look to the side you will see the HUGE crane, positioned right where they would be to lift the next support:

wowsy.jpg

Well I seem to be the only one watching the webcam even when they aren't doing anything, and That has paid off!

In the Picture below you can see a shadow of what could be a new support, (Which is likely because there are less yellow supports on the bottom left hand of the screen) right in between the first Lift Support:

Ahha.jpg

The shadow that is just to the left of the first lift support is for this support here. The shadow that goes between the first lift support is the shadow of the new crane.

According to the animation, looks like the support is for mid-turn going up the second hill.

support.jpg

Also on another note, it seems no one has talked about how Diamondback will look at night. I'm thinking big flood lights for the yellow lift supports similar to TTD, while leaving the rest of the ride in the dark, save maybe for the hammerhead. Any other thoughts?

I have not been to Kings Island since August 9. I am having serious withdrawals, and I can't wait to see for myself how this construction is coming along.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to all the updates, but there is just something about seeing it for yourself.

I will have the same feeling this week. It will be a tough week at work. and I wont be able to ride The Beast after work......

What? Why, it's a Rorschach inkblot test! I see a coaster under construction.

Sure you do, said the bored psychoanalyst. Tell me about your childhood. . .Was it an emotional roller coaster?

...And although a dog performing in a circus exhibited Rorschach movement, a cat catching a mouse or a fish darting through water did not, because, according to the founder, significant motion had to be "human-like" in function."...

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/rorschach.php

Well some people post stuff like that, I guess If I waited for the sun to rise It might have worked!

What? Why, it's a Rorschach inkblot test! I see a coaster under construction.

Sure you do, said the bored psychoanalyst. Tell me about your childhood. . .Was it an emotional roller coaster?

For me everything is a Roller Coaster. Me Likey the coasters. Can't get enough of the Coasters.

Write That down on your notepad, Freud! :P

Speaking of which, in addition to Diamondback, wouldn't it be cool if Kings Island finally got a Coasters, or better yet, a Johnny Rockets? And I know just the place to put it . . .I hope that idea has wings.

No, Interp, I mean ROLLER Coasters. :rolleyes:

No, that yellow support is for the bottom of the first hill! No ifs, ands or buts about it!

render_POVDrop.jpg

Don't You mean:

POVDropCircle.jpg