Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^^Splashdown being connected to the brake-run as we speak!!

However, if they're going to use this giant crane for all their track work, I think we can throw out the theory that having this giant crane means anything in terms of the speed with putting up track if it's going to be used for everything.

But hopefully more lift supports will be next!

^^Splashdown being connected to the brake-run as we speak!!

However, if they're going to use this giant crane for all their track work, I think we can throw out the theory that having this giant crane means anything in terms of the speed with putting up track if it's going to be used for everything.

But hopefully more lift supports will be next!

Theres still a couple sections of track missing before the brake run.

Diamondback_Construction_3.JPG

Construction workers install a piece of track on the new Diamondback roller coaster at Kings Island. Diamondback will stand 230 feet at its tallest point and snake its way along 5,282 feet of track in excess of 80 miles hour. The $22 million steel roller coaster will be the tallest and fastest roller coaster at Kings Island when it opens in April 2009.

The pics are awesome, I was looking at one in particular because it gives a great idea of how steep the lift hill will be.

Looking at this picture Im pretty sure that the lift will be at 45 degrees, if you notice the area I circled the support that attaches to the track has a 90 degree angle and the other 2 corners of the triangle are equal making them 45 degrees a piece.

Diamondback_Construction_6.jpg

It is not connected yet, there is still one more peice left till connection:

notconnected.jpg

Besides, It looks like they have a new objective for now.

wow-2.jpg

But, from the NEWLY UPDATED BLOG:

Track from the break run around into the station to the start of the lift hill is in place, as is the track through the splashdown section of the ride. In a matter of days construction will begin on the 230-foot lift hill.

So who knows? :)