Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Hey Beast1979....

How sad is it that I haven't (and am not even planning on) checking the D-back webcam today?! :(

But honestly, I know they're not working today, if the weather is like Indy's it sucks and the views won't be good anyway!

The only reason to check is the off chance you get a screwed up shot that provides a good view of the areas we can't really see well...like the lift hill, which hopefully they'll re-position the webcam for next week!!

Btw, why are you showing up online now?? You should be in school, getting your edjabucation!! :P

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, I've been busy with school, and I don't have time right now to check the threads because of school. There are now construction pics in the photo gallery of the Diamondback site.

Yeah, it has, but I don't know if I can forgive you. :P

Hey Beast1979....

How sad is it that I haven't (and am not even planning on) checking the D-back webcam today?! :(

But honestly, I know they're not working today, if the weather is like Indy's it sucks and the views won't be good anyway!

The only reason to check is the off chance you get a screwed up shot that provides a good view of the areas we can't really see well...like the lift hill, which hopefully they'll re-position the webcam for next week!!

Btw, why are you showing up online now?? You should be in school, getting your edjabucation!! :P

Hey, I like watching the webcam. And it'll come in handy this offseason.

Btw, Connection Bell and Study Hall dude. No homework, nothing to do, KICentral.

The post above is correct. The construction crews have Fridays off. They work almost every other day and work into the night.

Yea they work Monday-Thursday from 9:00 Am to whenever they run out of sun.

I'm sorry but does anyone else think the mustard yellow supports are ugly? I wish they would have stuck with the tan throughout the ride. My personal opinion is that that those supports will ruin the atmosphere in the back part of the park. It's obvious that they have no love for The Crypt, those supports kill anything theming that was left it.

theming-schmeming

I'm tired of us being called a theme park. What's wrong with amusement park?

No joke.

IMO a great coaster doesn't need a sugarcoating of theming to make it a great coaster. Slight theming is OK, but when you see it everywhere you turn in the queue, you have to wonder if they are trying to make up for something the coaster might be missing.