Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Couple thoughts, could just be a worn spot in the ground from the trucks and heavy equipment or it could be some work being done on the concrete, possibly sawing. Concrete dust will kick up a nice could of dirt.

But I think its just a worn area around the splashdown, because it doesnt look like it is covering anything else, so the "cloud" isnt rising.

Actually, if you watch the live webcam you can tell that that cloud, is dynamic in nature and moving, as the little guy down by the splashdown track moves, the cloud moves with him. I think he is either, sawing, pressure washing, or using like a leafblower and blowing away water....not sure though.

Couple thoughts, could just be a worn spot in the ground from the trucks and heavy equipment or it could be some work being done on the concrete, possibly sawing. Concrete dust will kick up a nice could of dirt.

But I think its just a worn area around the splashdown, because it doesnt look like it is covering anything else, so the "cloud" isnt rising.

That is concrete dust. I drove through Rivertown today while cleaning up the storm debris and saw the worker kicking up dust from sawing. I joked with my coworker that the worker was relocating the splashdown in order for the last piece of track to fit.

~Josh

I have been wondering something for a few days.

What are those metal pieces in the bottom of the screen, I think they might be brake shed pieces?

ShedPieces.jpg

Quick Edit to Answer FoF1996's Question:

No, that is the second tallest one, the tallest one actually goes right up along the path. You know the Huge Footing with the Flower Pot on it just outside the Old Time Photo Building?

That's for the tallest support.

^

They could be any number of things. Most likely from where they sit they go to the transfer track building. Could be used for catwalks, electrical componets, like breakers pannels and conduit. They could be any number of things, but eventually they will be put up. Just wait.