Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Heres the same pic again just with the triangle drawn in. Geometry is a beautiful thing.

Diamondback_Construction_62.jpg

The base might not be 100% accurate though and the picture is at an angle.

Notice post #621 with the picture of the support where the track attaches, that is at a 45 degree angle, no matter what the angle of the base or the picture is... Unless the track attaches at a different angle, which I dont see happening, Diamondback will have the same lift hill angle as Millennium Force. That is steep

Actually that is the Second Highest Support Beam, It is not fully installed yet, and it has been like that since Monday.

Actually that is the highest support. Look at the pictures again. This is the support that will connect to the crest of the lift hill.

render_Vista.jpg

The one that will be in the flower pot is shorter.

To end the dispute on how steep the angle of accent for the lift hill, I did a little math. Using numbers from the Diamondback site you can draw this triangle. (Its not to scale...i drew it in paint)

diamondbackhill-1.jpg

I didn't really need to find the hypotenuse, but I did anyways.

using trig, you can find the angle.

arctan(230/222)=46.01 degrees

That angle is the angle in the lower right corner of the triangle, and the angle of the lift hill.

Edit: that isn't going to be exactly right due to the curves at the toop and bottom of the hill, but its going to be as close as you can get without KI just stating it.

On the Diamondback website the length of the hill is 222' feet, and the length of the drop is 215'. Some reason i think those numbers are wrong. I think the length of the hill is higher from what i have seen first hand. Plus if the lift hill is 230, then the length would be 230 (or longer) if it is a 45 degree angle. X = Y (45 degree angle).

Hopefully someone understands my ramblings lol

Edit: I forgot the station starts about 10 -15 up, still the ride levels out up top.

I believe you will find those numbers to be net changes in elevations, NOT lengths....

Then the website needs to say height and not lengths, so really nobody knows the length or the angle of accent because the figures are not there.

I guess it is just time to wait and see.

I believe you will find those numbers to be net changes in elevations, NOT lengths....

Then the website needs to say height and not lengths, so really nobody knows the length or the angle of accent because the figures are not there.

I guess it is just time to wait and see.

The website says height and length. Thats why I used height and length. That being said, I agree that it really doesn't matter. I just felt the need to go more mathematical that a drawing on top of a picture. Then I shared.

The only reasson I ever brought up my finding on the lift hill angle is because it is steeper than your normal B&M Hyper. We are talking 45 degrees, which is the same angle that Millie up North has. I think thats a little unexpected and just another added bonus to what should shape up to be a great coaster for KI.

Geometry is a beautiful thing.

^^Which will hopefully be utilized to confirm the 74 degree descent!!

check the Webcam, they are lifting another track piece into place behind the Crypt.

So Beast, will you be the kind of person who drops by KI for 3 hours on a random Tuesday in June, or Thursday in August, or Sunday in September just to ride D-back 5, 6, or 7 times (including maybe in some previously unridden middle train seats/different trains), while most of us will have to make actual trips for our D-back fix?!

So Beast, will you be the kind of person who drops by KI for 3 hours on a random Tuesday in June, or Thursday in August, or Sunday in September just to ride D-back 5, 6, or 7 times (including maybe in some previously unridden middle train seats/different trains), while most of us will have to make actual trips for our D-back fix?!

No, I intend to ride anything else I can while I am there, I would never, NEVER, visit any amusement park just to ride one ride. :angry: