Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

No, I intend to ride anything else I can while I am there, I would never, NEVER, visit any amusement park just to ride one ride. :angry:

Wow!!!! Well, I gotta hand it to you then!! I can't imagine my first few trips to KI once D-back is open and riding something else and thinking "What am I doing??...I could be in Diamondback's last row seat now, yet I'm on Flight Deck?! Ughhhh..."

I guess that also means you wouldn't have approved when all I did was ride Maverick on it's opening day at CP!? Of cource, the line was always at least 1 hr 30 mins.

Hey Dane did you know that Fox19 used your pic of the beginning of the lift hill on the am show this morning?

Just to clarify, when we give you these little singlet photos, usually the park sends them to us... along with every other media outlets. Same goes for the Hay Bail Maze photos that are in the HOWL-O-FEST thread. You may see those on the news or in newspapers.

Looks like they're constructing the bottom of the hill:

dbhillce3.jpg

Hey Dane did you know that Fox19 used your pic of the beginning of the lift hill on the am show this morning?

Just to clarify, when we give you these little singlet photos, usually the park sends them to us... along with every other media outlets. Same goes for the Hay Bail Maze photos that are in the HOWL-O-FEST thread. You may see those on the news or in newspapers.

Looks like they're constructing the bottom of the hill:

dbhillce3.jpg

Just a question as I don't know a whole lot of building a large roller coaster. But why did they end at swan lake and forgive me if I'm wrong, but start again at the bottom of the first hill?

Maria :unsure:

Just a question as I don't know a whole lot of building a large roller coaster. But why did they end at swan lake and forgive me if I'm wrong, but start again at the bottom of the first hill?

So that they do not disrupt the midway while the operational season continues. Once the park winds down for the winter, you'll see construction take place in the midway areas.

Shaggy

^^Talk about taking a leap of faith with my discounted PP renewal then!!! Oh well, at least we can hopefully still verify the alleged 193' second drop height pre-11/2.

Btw, Beast, you know how the webcam occassionally "messes up" giving you a good view of the lift area? Have you noticed any patterns or rhyme or reason to when it messes up?? Like, does it mess up to show that view on the 20's of each hour, or anything like that?!

Btw, Beast, you know how the webcam occassionally "messes up" giving you a good view of the lift area? Have you noticed any patterns or rhyme or reason to when it messes up?? Like, does it mess up to show that view on the 20's of each hour, or anything like that?!

No, it goes through a cycle and it timed to take a picture and load it every 5 seconds and occasionally the timing is off.

So that they do not disrupt the midway while the operational season continues. Once the park winds down for the winter, you'll see construction take place in the midway areas.

Shaggy

Thanks! So dumb question, if the track is seperated; as it is at swan lake, dosen't that make it unstable, esp after Sunday's storm?!

Maria

Shouldn't make it unstable because it is attached to the ground via supports, so should be very secure.

Heres a great way to visualize the difference in 15 degrees. The Son is at 30 degrees and Millie up North is at 45 degrees.

Diamondback will have one of the best drops in the industry

No, I intend to ride anything else I can while I am there, I would never, NEVER, visit any amusement park just to ride one ride. :angry:

Hmmm....

12 hours each way to ride the Williams Grove Cyclone, one time.

Drove from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and back to ride Tatsu ONCE, and that on two hours sleep.

Drove to Kings Island from wherever it was I lived to ride Son of Beast on its reopening on July 4, 2007...rode it, then Beast once, then headed back from whence I came.

So, suffice it to say, I'd happily drive to ride Diamondback once and then go home. In fact, I can darn near guarantee that as long as I am able to do so, that is VERY apt to happen, at least once.

Oh, and I forgot, long ago I drove to Six Flags St Louis, rode Screamin' Eagle, and left, spending a grand total of 25 minutes in that park. Of course that was before Boss....I need to get out there now and ride their new Evel ride...and ride Boss some more times before I leave, too. If it during Fright Fest, that may be exactly what I do, too....besides, one must go on to Kansas City and ride certain things before returning...and if that means less park time at SFStL...so be it.