Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

In the second photo of Beast's post, i noticed something odd about the water brake. I wonder why they cut it so short... the trough height does not line up with the pools edge height.

Also, in this pic of SheiKra's waterbrake... http://rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=53 ..... The track is below the water level. Now I know dive trains sit higher on the track, but Diamondbacks does not look right.

In the second photo of Beast's post, i noticed something odd about the water brake. I wonder why they cut it so short... the trough height does not line up with the pools edge height.

Also, in this pic of SheiKra's waterbrake... http://rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=53 ..... The track is below the water level. Now I know dive trains sit higher on the track, but Diamondbacks does not look right.

Also, take note how the construction methods differed. The track was placed before the concrete was poured on Sheikra's waterbrake. That's one thing I always wondered about...http://rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=22

If anyone has photoshop and some extra time on thier hands, I have an idea for you! Go to kiDiamondback.com, go to the media center, upload the track layout onto photoshop, turn it black and white, then highlight all the pieces that have been put up.

Can anyone do that? It'd be pretty dang cool if someone did!

If anyone has photoshop and some extra time on thier hands, I have an idea for you! Go to kiDiamondback.com, go to the media center, upload the track layout onto photoshop, turn it black and white, then highlight all the pieces that have been put up.

Can anyone do that? It'd be pretty dang cool if someone did!

That would be really neat if someone had that kind of time on their hands.

Guest TombraiderTy

How hard would it be as well? I mean, use this photo and just highlight the track. Then again, I'm not familiar in PhotoShop so this could be an impossible task.

Alright guys. After checking out the construction today, getting views from Vortex really makes it look like they are going to have to crunch in this first drop. Seriously. From the bottom of the first drop, to the bottom of the lift hill....it looks like it's going to need to go very, very steep uphill and an immediate drop to fit the hill in. That's just how it LOOKS to me...you'd really have to see it yourself to comment... I love steep lifts =)

Alright guys. After checking out the construction today, getting views from Vortex really makes it look like they are going to have to crunch in this first drop. Seriously. From the bottom of the first drop, to the bottom of the lift hill....it looks like it's going to need to go very, very steep uphill and an immediate drop to fit the hill in. That's just how it LOOKS to me...you'd really have to see it yourself to comment... I love steep lifts =)

Believe it or not the guys builing it know what they are doing. It will be ok and will all come together in the end.

As mentioned above they do know what they are doing. And yes the first drop is going to be steep going up and steep going down. Like I keep saying 45 degrees going up, thats the same as Millie up North, really steep for a lift and the drop is 74 degrees. Just by the statistics alone and the way they translate this will be one of the best first drops around...

Speaking of the first drop. Didn't they say it would be topped off last week? Now it looks as if they are going to continue building towards the ravine.

It seems strange to have put up a few supports then just stop and leave that big expensive crane there doing nothing.

Speaking of the first drop. Didn't they say it would be topped off last week? Now it looks as if they are going to continue building towards the ravine.

It seems strange to have put up a few supports then just stop and leave that big expensive crane there doing nothing.

They are not going to raise any supports or track pieces that would require the crane to be on the midway in RiverTown until after HH. Why? Because a crane of that size lifting that much weight will destroy the path in RiverTown. Look for the rest of the track pieces and supports to go up that dont involve the drop over the midway.

They are not going to raise any supports or track pieces that would require the crane to be on the midway in RiverTown until after HH. Why? Because a crane of that size lifting that much weight will destroy the path in RiverTown. Look for the rest of the track pieces and supports to go up that dont involve the drop over the midway.

He was talking about the Crown Piece of the Lift Hill, which doesn't involve going over the midway.

I tried color coating the supports to show exactly which ones they are working on, and was very surprised by just how big this ride is really going to be. Being down in Florida, this really stunned me as I have not yet been able to see the construction in person and probably won't make it until after opening day!

supports.jpg

supports2.jpg

(I'm pretty sure the matchup is accurate, but the angle of the track is the only thing throwing me off)