Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Just the sight of the thing gets me in goosebumps.

When nightfall hits and you walk past it in its current state and you're looking at the track for the second hill, it is absolutely terrifying. And this is in near pitch black, and you can see the silhouette of the track itself among the night sky and the trees right next to it.

Trust me, I didn't get to look at the webcam for construction updates until just now, so imagine the look on my face when I saw it during 'Hearse'als; it truly scared me seeing something that big in the freakin DARK.

Look at how steep it's gonna have to go....

This ride's gonna be awesome!

I'm still not holding my breathe on 74 degrees...only until RailRider's protractor confirmation will I be fully convinced!!

Sorry cant confirm it with my protractor yet, but rest assured it will be 74 degrees

Watching this go up piece by piece is even more exciting than the Maverick construction. For one it is a lot closer than "The Point". Also, this is such a major mile stone for Kings Island. This is like nothing that they have ever had. I think this factor alone make the excitement that much more intense.

On a side note though... they have seemed to drop lift hill construction like a bad habit. However the second hill is doing a fine job of showing how much of a behemoth this will truely be. (No Pun Intended)