Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Off-topic but still on-topic:

I believe the Crypt building is only about 90 feet high. I remember in the press releases about it back when it was Tomb Raider it said that it was as tall as the top of The Racer's lift hill and first drop (which is only 90 feet, I believe).

Just thought I'd share that.

I would love to know how many hits the webcam gets a day?

Take the number of frequently active members on this site and multiply by 10. That should give a good idea.

Wow thats just a completely random guess on your part, with absolutely nothing to back it. I could have picked a random number or some random formula as well.

Let me see if I can break this down and get a solid number. So roughly right now there are 30 members active on the KIC, that doesn't include guests. But if we just take 30 x 10 = 300. So there have only been 300 hits on the webcam today? Im sure I have clicked to view the webcam roughly 5-7 different times today, those are all hits. So lets say the average fan will hit the camera 5 times a day. So 30x5=150 x 10 = 1500 now that doesn't factor in all the random non members of this site that just visit the cam occassionaly or the member of this site that haven't been on KIC today but viewed the cam today.

So in other words wouldn't it have been better just to say I dont know or post nothing at all???

^I am sure he was just making a random guess you do not have to down him for trying to make a guess. I got your back Beast!

Anyways back in topic the drop is looking more and more amazing as it progresses i cannot wait to stand under the drop and take a picture looking up.

Exactly, check this rendering out of the helix, I think it will give an idea of what any support in the midway will look like next year.

render_Helix.jpg

Also I believe TR:TR errr the Crypt's building is 80 feet high. Also the tech specs for a Giant Topspin give the max gondola height as 66 feet. So 80 feet for building height seems pretty dead on for clearance.

Also I believe TR:TR errr the Crypt's building is 80 feet high. Also the tech specs for a Giant Topspin give the max gondola height as 66 feet. So 80 feet for building height seems pretty dead on for clearance.

Somewhere between 80 and 90 feet is probably right, especially if the building is about the same height of The Racer's first drop (which is 88 feet I believe).

I dont think I need to get my protractor out to confirm the 74 degree first drop, because it is steep. The track they have installed on the drop have a nice steep angle, I know its a crappy cam angle to get the true feel, but still looks awesome. The pullout with the curve up the 2nd hill will be insane.

Anyone else think this monster could have one of the best 1st and 2nd drops around? Im leaning that way.

^^But 215' is a little on the short side compared to some others...

Although, that thinking could go out the window given Maverick's drop from the back seat could be my favorite ever at a mere 95 feet!!

I don't really know what to expect, though, with that slight turn and the steepness of the ascent.

^^But 215' is a little on the short side compared to some others...

Although, that thinking could go out the window given Maverick's drop from the back seat could be my favorite ever at a mere 95 feet!!

Given 215' might be a little short on the terms of drop, but with a second hill of 193' most coasters cant claim a 1-2 punch like that. Not to mention the 74 degree angle will be very nice. Also Magnum XL only has a drop of 194' which is close to the same height as the 2nd hill on DB.

In other words hold on to your fanny pack this monster is going to fly.