Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

This might be wrong to say...but D-back is looking darn sexy!!! I still love my Behemoth, but this layout is starting to blow Behemy away now! :D

You have every right to say that, I find D-Back Attractive to!

And this is definately going to blow other B&M Hypers away. What other Hyper can offer,

A Huge 215 foot drop over the midway

A 1-2 punch with a 194 foot second drop

A Flight through the woods

More hills over the midway

A tight Helix over the plaza

And a splashdown ending?

^^Not soooo fast....

I still think that 3rd airtime hill will be using the trim A LOT, and I don't think the hammerhead will come close to the intensity or airtime of Behemoth's, AND I think both helices won't be the most forceful either like a Nitro...but I think it will make up in other areas!

And the first drop looks very steep to me, now where did I put that protractor of mine ;)

Like I said, early work seems encouraging...enough not to bother with angles for now. Now the "193 foot 2nd drop"...I still need more convincing. If you look at the artwork, that support column currently up by The Crypt that seems so high has TWO other supports higher than it!! I still need more proof with this one...

And the first drop looks very steep to me, now where did I put that protractor of mine ;)

Like I said, early work seems encouraging...enough not to bother with angles for now. Now the "193 foot 2nd drop"...I still need more convincing. If you look at the artwork, that support column currently up by The Crypt that seems so high has TWO other supports higher than it!! I still need more proof with this one...

Ok, heres some more convincing for the skeptical. If you look at the Webcam the 2nd hill is currently higher than the Crypt, which stands 80'. Agreed?

Now look at the renderings and compare to the Webcam, clearly they are only halfway done on the 2nd hill and there are 2 more supports to be added before they can crown the 2nd hill.

So if we can agree that the current track installed is roughly 90' to 100' and we are half way that puts the total height of the 2nd hill at 180' to 200'. Within the range of 193' and then you factor in the down side of the hill drops in to the Ravine. I think you are trying way to hard to make something out of nothing.