Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Why is anyone doubting the statistics of this ride? It's not a weather report where the temperature is forecast to reach 80 degrees and be sunny, which everyone knows can be pretty far off. This is steel and concrete surveyed and constructed to with in millimeters (smaller?) of the blue prints.

Or are you simply questioning that the marketing of this ride is using inflated numbers to make it seem more impressive?

^^Obviously none of you guys tracked the Behemoth progression from last year!!

Stats, heights, angle degrees were changing more than the Kansas City Chiefs quarterbacks!!...or Brett Favre's retirement decision, or the Reds line-up this year! I think you get what I'm saying.

Oh, and because nothing changed with Maverick either! ;)

Well the press release said 230' and its 230', the length stayed the same, the only thing I know of is that the original press release stated the drop would be 85 degrees where it ended up being 75 degrees. I still think that is a typo from day one because that is almost a dive coaster.

Maverick changed because the heartline rolls made the coaster too intense and violent. Thats something that was installed, tried first hand and then the park and the builder realized it wasn't going to work out.

Stats, heights, angle degrees were changing more than the Kansas City Chiefs quarterbacks!!...or Brett Favre's retirement decision, or the Reds line-up this year! I think you get what I'm saying.

No I did not follow the Behemoth progress. Point well taken. Somebody get me a protractor!

No I did not follow the Behemoth progress. Point well taken. Somebody get me a protractor!

Stats on a ride don't just cange over night. Once the track has been fabricated, it would be very complicated and expensive to make a change. Thats not saying that they might have told you wrong multiple times, but the official coaster stats that the ride was manufactured to probably didn't change once manufacturing began. They've told us that the angle of the drop is going to be 74 degrees. Unless they are lying to us, which I highly doubt, thats what its going to be.

The only post-announcement change I've heard of that is note worthy is Maverick's heartline roll being removed.

And you can forget about the Drop Angle being changed, judging by the track already put up and the fact that most of the time angles stay the same, I bet it's hitting 74*.

Awesome pics Beast1979! I can not believe how huge this thing is already! I bet people were getting in line for Crypt or Beast thinking it's DB. Or they were saying stuff like "lets go on that one!" and people replied saying "no! people died on it last week, don't you remember seeing it on the news!?" :lol: