Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^^Dang...it's still early too!! This should be an exiting week for sure!

Btw, Beast, what grade are you in in high school? I'm assuming you're in high school, right?? As someone now in their mid-20's, I've totally lost my perspective in guessing what grades people are in!! But I think you're either a freshman or sophomore, right?

Also, thanks for the great PTR's (with D-back updates!), and your continued monitoring and analysis of the construction! If there's any KIC poster who deserves a Media Day invite (or guest of such), it's definitely you!!

^^Dang...it's still early too!! This should be an exiting week for sure!

Btw, Beast, what grade are you in in high school? I'm assuming you're in high school, right?? As someone now in their mid-20's, I've totally lost my perspective in guessing what grades people are in!! But I think you're either a freshman or sophomore, right?

Also, thanks for the great PTR's (with D-back updates!), and your continued monitoring and analysis of the construction! If there's any KIC poster who deserves a Media Day invite (or guest of such), it's definitely you!!

Lol thank you and btw I am in 7th grade.

The next track piece is in.

I haven't been on this site in while due to school & certain issues I heard about this coaster while visiting the park on that day not knowing a new coaster was going to be revealed I can't wait to ride Diamondback I'm getting a season pass just so I can ride it whenever I want.

^^Well, not the 2nd hill, but we know what you mean!! :D

All this waiting is for the birds. I need to get my Marty Mcfly "life preserver" and grab Doc and go back to the future so I can ride this thing now....er...then...er....later.

Haha...well, a.) you'll be riding before you know it!! (Just think, a year since the announcement has already past!!), and b.) you can easily ride comparables this very weekend if you truly wanted to in Toronto, New Jersey, Montreal, Atlanta, Williamsburg, etc. (that Chicago one certainly doesn't count!! ;) )

^^I'm not accusing any lying, however, is it not true that moving a footing a few feet off from where it theoretically should be would change the angle of the track attached to it??

I know you weren't accusing anyone of lying, I was just stating one of the possible causes for stats being changed. Typos and things of that nature. A footing being off wouldn't change the angle of the track, it would put a gap a few feet wide where the footing was placed wrong. The track isn't manufactured to fit the footings wherever they happen to be placed, the footings are placed where the designer says they should be. If they aren't, the track won't fit right, and the footing(s) will need to be redone.

Hill #7 must be very close to cresting at 100'. Thats not shabby at all. If I were to guess I would say roughly 90' and then #8 cresting around 70' - 75'. Its hard to get a good estimate because of the angle of the cam.

The Drop out of the MCB's is 106 feet, so that sounds like a good guess.