Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Nears Completion? It's not even Halfway done!

You make a common mistake. Design, permitting, ground preparation, footings are all part of construction. This project is far more than 50 percent complete.

Well if I remember correctly there were 2 designs for that area made in advance, correct?

Regardless of how many proposals may have been made, the project is being constructed in accordance with the chosen design...and even if you take the design phase out of the project, the construction project itself is well over half complete. I think you are thinking of only the track erection phase, which is an important part, but nowhere near the bulk of the project. A lot more is involved in this than most know.

And next April, the thrilling debut of the ride will make most of this irrelevant to all but a few!

I would say that the overall construction phase is about half done. But the ride is certainly no where close to being "near completion." While most of the ground work is done, and a lot of the actual track manufacturing is done, there is still the task of putting the rest of the steel in place, doing all the electrical wiring on the ride, building the station, testing, etc.

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit. I would LOVE for DB to get done before winter strikes, but in my opinion, I don't think it will be done by Thanksgiving. Weren't they supposed to be working on the lift last week??

I'm hoping they start the lift hill soon. Especially since I've seen two pieces of lift track near the splash down.

Hmm... We'll see about that. I really hope the hill gets completed soon because i want to be able to drive by KI soon and see that massive thing!

And i wonder where the pictures will be taken?? I think they should have them taken right by the splashdown.

And have the camera positioned perfectly so that you can see the water in the air, in the picture.