Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit. I would LOVE for DB to get done before winter strikes, but in my opinion, I don't think it will be done by Thanksgiving. Weren't they supposed to be working on the lift last week??

I'm hoping they start the lift hill soon. Especially since I've seen two pieces of lift track near the splash down.

I think there might have been a little confusion about the lift hill situation....but as others have pointed out, if the huge crane needed to complete that work needs to be in the middle of Rivertown's midway, AND doing such would create great damage to the midway (not that it won't get repaired), then that work will have to come after KI closes Nov. 2nd, sadly...

As for the on-ride photo position....while I would love a splashdown pic, keep in mind the pic shot is very tight and likely wouldn't get much of the water affect anyway (which could also be printed on the on-ride photo card), but also keep in mind, unfortunately, parks are fairly lame and uncreative with most of their on-ride camera positions, opting for ease with placement, a safe spot for protection, and a "slow" part of the ride for better resolution pics (braked areas), but we can hope! Behemoth's on-ride photo spot (end of helix) was uninspired at best, and usually the left-side rider would be partially cut-off from the camera view... <_<

Ever hear of winter?

:)

Winter!?!???!!?? .. I tell you what, go to Minnesota for the winter then come here and u tell me if you still call this mild snow shower winter =) .. - 40 degree weather .. now Terpy, thats what I call winter! ;)