Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

But why is the truck headed the other way>???

It may be backing up, driving all around the maintenance road until it gets to the hammerhead turn like element? Instead of doing a U Turn or backing up? Or maybe it's for a different part of the ride? Helix?, some of the hills after the main drop & the MCBR?

See the crane's arm??

[picture]

Hmm... i think that is Clifford... Sorry, i have yet to look at the webcam today (until just now) and the pictures i saw of Clifford by the splashdown were from earlier today. I thought those were just tooken so i found it hard to believe that such a big crane could move across the construction site in just minutes! So i guess that is Clifford working on the hammerhead turn area! Wow, i feel dumb right now :lol:

"Within Days Construction will begin on the 230 foot lift hill" -September 11

Ahh Baloney!

I think you mean bologna - Don't you listen to Oscar Meyer commercials!?

I also agree, but we have a lot more done than than the blog told us would be. Still, it'd be nice to see the unfinished coaster begin to tower over the park with some lift track.

Ahh Baloney!

I think you mean bologna - Don't you listen to Oscar Meyer commercials!?

I also agree, but we have a lot more done than than the blog told us would be. Still, it'd be nice to see the unfinished coaster begin to tower over the park.

They put up half a support on the lift after that blog, I find myself dissapointed in that field.

But I am excited about what happened on the other side of the midway!

Really, that's not a word. So it's ok. Although I don't see what a period has to do with Diamondback. Whatever.

Hey, sorry about that "period" post.

I had posted a picture from the web cam, not knowing that someone else has already posted it.

And I don't know how to completely delete my post, so I put the "." there.

I'm very sorry everyone.

^^Well, not the 2nd hill, but we know what you mean!! :D

All this waiting is for the birds. I need to get my Marty Mcfly "life preserver" and grab Doc and go back to the future so I can ride this thing now....er...then...er....later.

Haha...well, a.) you'll be riding before you know it!! (Just think, a year since the announcement has already past!!), and b.) you can easily ride comparables this very weekend if you truly wanted to in Toronto, New Jersey, Montreal, Atlanta, Williamsburg, etc. (that Chicago one certainly doesn't count!! ;) )

A year since what announcement? Diamondback's announcement was on August 6th, 2008.

A year since what announcement? Diamondback's announcement was on August 6th, 2008.

The article about KI's 2009 hypercoaster in First Drop magazine last fall.

Are they planning on putting up a webcam for the lift hill any time soon?

Maybe not a new webcam, but they will probably reposition the webcam so it shows a better view for where the lift is to be positioned.

We can hope...but don't count on it!! <_<

Ahh Baloney!

They put up half a support on the lift after that blog, I find myself dissapointed in that field.

But I am excited about what happened on the other side of the midway!

I completely agree, but in all fairness, he didn't say when it would be finished!!

But I think people (including myself!!) were hoping for a little more than a few supports and the bottom of the first drop after that Blog update.

I think that something changed since that quote was made. It looks as if they were all set to construct the lift hill then someone stepped in and changed the plans. Now I have no experience in planning the construction of a coaster but it seems ridiculous to think the plan went construct the base of the lift, throw up those three supports, continue on constructing the rest of the ride, then comeback to finish the lift hill all the while leaving Clifford their doing nothing.

The idea someone on here has given that Clifford would have destroyed the midway is plausible but I would assume they would have considered that before hand.