Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Great train photo!!!! Does anyone think the train is really that close to DB track, or is it the perception in the photo. Do you think they will have some sort of nets to protect the riders on the train??

I don't know about nets, but the close-ness is more perception for sure. On Saturday I watched the train go under the lowest part of the track, and there was still a good couple of feet between the track and the top of the train's chimney. But nevertheless, most things (and people!) still don't get as close as they do for D-back, especially at such pivotal moments like the bottom of the first drop!!

If that "intamacy" remains, watching riders on the first drop could be a lot more fun to watch than the TTD spectating!! B)

Well after going back through the latest images of Diamondback, plus rereading the blog from Don on 10/3, he mentions the lift hill in his last paragraph and describes it as a steep climb to the top. I feel more and more confident about my 45 degree predicition and meassurements. This lift is going to have a very similar feel to Millenium Force...

^I am praying that our lift will be a 45* angle. I agree with your opinion on the angle of lift though. Now if only it was cable lift. ^_^

I wouldn't count on it being a cable lift. There isn't the need and its not something B&M even does, not even on their Dive Coasters.

Hmm.. I wonder why there would be a concrete truck headed back that way. Don't they have all footers down?

They do have footings down, but not all of them. I wander when they will start putting up track by the hammerhead turn? On Saturday there were a few supports up by the hammerhead & there was a truck behind Crypt with some supports on it.

Anyone want to venture a guess to why a flatbed carrying a piece of flat track is sitting behind the crypt?

hmmm.jpg

I'm going to say brakes. Can we say they have completed everything back to the brakes now? If so I feel we deserve a new camera aimed right down the clearing toward the hammerhead. Don't remove the other one though because we want to see that too!! Show it all! Heck just let us bring in lawn chairs and watch this thing go up! :D

-FC now heading to wal-mart for a lawn chair

Anyone want to venture a guess to why a flatbed carrying a piece of flat track is sitting behind the crypt?

hmmm.jpg

I'm going to say brakes. Can we say they have completed everything back to the brakes now? If so I feel we deserve a new camera aimed right down the clearing toward the hammerhead. Don't remove the other one though because we want to see that too!! Show it all! Heck just let us bring in lawn chairs and watch this thing go up! :D

-FC now heading to wal-mart for a lawn chair

I'm going with you Fc...... wait for me!