Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

There are 6 drops over 100 feet. That means the drop out of the MCBs is the last 100 foot drop. From looking at the concept art and the size of the drop relative to other Rivertown objects it looks like about 50 feet into the splashdown.

And I am kinda getting tired of people calling this a Behemoth/Nitro lovechild or ripoff. Not only has it not even opened yet, but it also has 6 drops over 100 feet and 2 drops near or over 200 feet, a splashdown, and it actually has a THEME. Not to mention the location of this ride is excelently placed, the first drop catapulting towards the Crypt's que and a helix over the pathway, not like Nitro where they just ploped it in a forest.

The final drop is nearly 100 feet in total vertical decent, not 100 feet above the ground. I think the location for Diamondback is absolutely perfect... but I don't understand why you think calling it a 'Behemoth/Nitro love child' is such a bad thing? Behemoth and Nitro are both amazing coasters in their own respect.

The last comment I'll make on the subject is that Diamondback's first drop is identical to that of Behemoth. Yes, I've seen the proof.... let the flame war begin, lol.

have you ever been to carowinds after riding nighthawk trust me you'll like Firehawk better

Uh...Terpy weighing in. Stealth aka Borg: The Assimilator aka Nighthawk is my favorite of the three Vekoma flying coasters...by far. I actually prefer ANY of the three to any US B & M flying coaster except Tatsu. And I have ridden the US flying coasters far, far more than your average coaster enthusiast (of which I no longer count myself, and haven't for years).

Opinions differ.

That all being said, I see Diamondback, as I have said many, many times before, as a sterling addition to Kings Island, one that is going to greatly increase the thrills in the park, the happy delight of the riders and will change the skyline of Kings Island for many, many happy years to come.

have you ever been to carowinds after riding nighthawk trust me you'll like Firehawk better

Uh...Terpy weighing in. Stealth aka Borg: The Assimilator aka Nighthawk is my favorite of the three Vekoma flying coasters...by far. I actually prefer ANY of the three to any US B & M flying coaster except Tatsu. And I have ridden the US flying coasters far, far more than your average coaster enthusiast (of which I no longer count myself, and haven't for years).

Opinions differ.

That all being said, I see Diamondback, as I have said many, many times before, as a sterling addition to Kings Island, one that is going to greatly increase the thrills in the park, the happy delight of the riders and will change the skyline of Kings Island for many, many happy years to come.

Gosh Terpy I can barely even imagine you riding coasters but from the experience you offer you must have ridden a ton!

I'm so disappointed that they never moved the webcam while the lift is going up. Oh well...at least it is going up!!

Dont count on that being there much longer due to all the questions Don has been asked in his E-Mail questions. I know of about 3 or 4 people that have asked him to move the webcam with a better view on the lift hill construction including me.

I'm so disappointed that they never moved the webcam while the lift is going up. Oh well...at least it is going up!!

Dont count on that being there much longer due to all the questions Don has been asked in his E-Mail questions. I know of about 3 or 4 people that have asked him to move the webcam with a better view on the lift hill construction including me.

I asked him that, make it 5

Not even close. The Crypt's building is about 90 feet tall. Like I said, about 50 or 60 feet.

Kid, you can believe and say what you want. All I will say is that perspective is very deceiving.

True, but I have a hard time believing that the last real drop in the coaster is almost as big as the one 3 drops before it. Wouldn't that mean there are 7 Drops over 100 feet?

It's about 50 to 60 feet.