Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Thank You Don Helbig for keep us updated!

THe ride looks great and can't wait to ride. Such a great first major project for Cedar Fair to take on for Kings Island. Hopefully its first of many! It is just what Kings Island needed was a tall fast rideable airtime machine! You ask and KI deleivers!

That was a pretty quick move and not quite the investment Diamondback was.

So what you are saying is that Firehawk is not a major attraction at KI? The General Public will beg to differ. Also I wouldn't call the spending of millions to tear down, transport, paint, and construct a coaster in a new location minor or something to sneeze at. Seriously you amaze me some times....

It wasn't any Diamondback. It was a re-located clone. Sure, it was difficult and costly, but Diamondback is MUCH more expensive and time consuming.

The majority of the rides at KI aren't any Diamondback. There are a few and thats it that even compare. Whats your point? Firehawk was a major instalation at KI by Cedar Fair, Diamondback is not the first major coaster instalation by CF at KI. If you took the time to read the prior posts you would realize why Firehawk was ever mentioned and not that it is being compared to the massive investment of Diamondback.

What's your point? Someone said this was the first major installation and you said what about Firehawk. It was obvious that Firehawk was a major installation but what he was talking about was something origional and new.

Wow you are amazing at interpreting other peoples post. The general public has no clue about xflight/Firehawk. To ki guests it is brand new and a major attraction. So db is the 2nd major attraction for cf, besides the new entertainment and other various improvements they have made.

You might want to let your friends interperate their own posts from know on.

*posted from my blackberry

I believe there are in fact other members of the OSU engineering group who post on these boards. I am one of them and really enjoy the group. Unfortunately, due to a ridiculous class schedule, and work filling the remaining gaps, I've not been able to attend hardly any of the meetings or any of the trips yet this year. Hopefully my schedule has more free time in it next quarter, because this group is awesome!