Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

If I had to guess, there is a very logical reason why they are still working. This particular support might have presented a case of "once we start, we can`t stop." In other words, once they placed that first large diagonal support on the right side of the lift, they couldn`t stop until the entire support is completed. This is likely due to the fact that the support on the right is severely angled, and in order to provide some stability for the lateral thrust created by that support, they had to complete the support by connecting it to the other side, which was achieved by placing the support on the top.

Sort of. What I`m saying is that the diagonal support was likely being partially supported by a crane, until they put the top "keystone" piece into place. Once they put the keystone support (the top support) into place, the lateral thrusts of the two supports (in equal and opposite directions) balance each other out, providing for lateral stability.

I don't care how late they work, what angle it is or even what color it is. I just want to ride it when it opens~ I live with 4 ungrateful people and my one Kings Island trip a year is the only thing I do for myself so cheers to the guys working thier tails off until this morning, thank you to you guys that keeps us "non KI people" informed and my happy a** will be there in April!!!!!