Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Looks like they may be doing work on the drop. There is track on the midway and the yellow basket is in the air at the moment. They may be just checking to see if the last supports guy wires are stable or something so it may be nothing, but I hope the drop does go in today.

Looks like yesterday once they started the drop support they had to finish before going home. Looks like the support is getting tightend up and aligned today. Thats what I would assume the guy in the basket is doing. Unless they start lifting track soon I wouldnt expect the first drop to go in today.

It is raining? I can't tell!

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks a little noticeable when you pay close attention to detail.

EDIT II: Wow, I fell really stupid now! I see puddles and mud! Don't even read this post, in embarasment of my stupidity....

It is raining? I can't tell!

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks a little noticeable when you pay close attention to detail.

EDIT II: Wow, I fell really stupid now! I see puddles and mud! Don't even read this post, in embarasment of my stupidity....

Lol That's funny Nice pics SonofBeast07

Post 30 + 305 (Vortexdemon05 former name) total 335!!!!

^^The maps are all done by the same company, so yes, it will look "cartoonish", but I'm sure D-back will be drawn to have an exaggerated first and second drops, and maybe the splashdown will be exaggerated too!?

Look at Behemoth on CW's map:

Behemoth on CW map

man what are you talking bout :huh: thats how big it really is....geez... :P:P

Thanks for the great pictures guys!!! I truly appreciate it.

I do have two questions though, what is this building for?

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-7287

Also, is that unpainted track at Clermont Steel for Diamondback?

Nemo, zoso, and I weren't sure. When we flew over yesterday I took a few pictures and spent the rest of the time trying not to throw up ( :D I get sick sometimes when we fly), the only Diamondback track we could see was the few pieces out front on a flatbed. It could possibly be unpainted d-back track, as I don't think that's all of it in the parking lot at KI.

^ It's obviously a chicken coop. :) That's the best I could come up with anyways. Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten both of us because now it's going to bother me.

My guess would be since that is the approximate location of the mid course brake line, that building will house the air compressor for the pneumatic brakes.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/albums/use...v7and8_0027.jpg

Some of those pieces may be for DB, but it seems to me that some of those pieces are for an inversion of somesort, which would have to be for different coaster.

Don't forget about Manta! The inversion could be for the pretzel loop, if that's what track pieces those are for.

Thanks for the great pictures guys!!! I truly appreciate it.

I do have two questions though, what is this building for?

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-7287

I think the building is where they are going to keep the diamonback snakes when they aren't in the snake pit, terrorizing guest.