Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^Agreed completely. The elements on Maverick are also, overall, more low to the ground thereby enhancing that sensation.

I do hope that the ride ops they assign to Diamondback are as proficient sending out trains as they are with Behemoth. They really made it a point of emphasis to make sure that they sent trains out as quickly as possible.

^^Agreed..that will be weird...I almost kind of need to see this first!!

I do hope that the ride ops they assign to Diamondback are as proficient sending out trains as they are with Behemoth. They really made it a point of emphasis to make sure that they sent trains out as quickly as possible.

Not to worry...D-back will be bad capacity proof!!

Well, it was my understanding that CW was assigning seats in the beginning of the season due to crowd control reasons, but after the beginning of June they stopped, and in all of my 3 visits this year (the first being in mid-ish June) I never saw seating assigning.

I mean, Ohio has a very sophisticated coaster riding audience/population, so I feel confident if indeed seat assigning is crowd control related, that KI won't need seat assigning given their coaster riding and etiquette experience! Time will tell...

From my experience with Behemoth, at the beginning of the season when they weren't assigning seats the majority of the people went straight to the back or front, leaving many rows in the middle empty. They started assigning seats but they couldn't quite quite get the hang of it and people weren't filling the station fast enough to make it any more efficient, so they sopped assigning seats. And as for single riders filling empty seats, the park figures in the time it takes to find a single rider in the station and sit them in the train, the train could be sent and the next train could already be loading.

They originally didn't want more than 6 people queuing per row, and the sign above the station says something along the lines of "Maximum 6 guests per line", but that is not enforced.

^I hope so, because you would have had a hard time convincing me of that after riding Goliath @ Six Flags Over Georgia! Granted, there's no midcourse brake on that ride, but still, I can't tell you how many times I saw a train sitting on the final brakes for a minute (or more) waiting for the next train to be sent.

Well, it was my understanding that CW was assigning seats in the beginning of the season due to crowd control reasons, but after the beginning of June they stopped, and in all of my 3 visits this year (the first being in mid-ish June) I never saw seating assigning.

I mean, Ohio has a very sophisticated coaster riding audience/population, so I feel confident if indeed seat assigning is crowd control related, that KI won't need seat assigning given their coaster riding and etiquette experience! Time will tell...

From my experience with Behemoth, at the beginning of the season when they weren't assigning seats the majority of the people went straight to the back or front, leaving many rows in the middle empty. They started assigning seats but they couldn't quite quite get the hang of it and people weren't filling the station fast enough to make it any more efficient, so they sopped assigning seats. They originally didn't want more than 6 people queuing per row, and the sign above the station says something along the lines of "Maximum 6 guests per line", but that is not enforced.

Interesting to know!! Yeah, I saw that sign, and there were many times when both the back and front had quite a bit of a wait, and when I went to those areas anyway sometimes it seemed someone was almost about to say something...but I continued on anyway.

And the days I was at CW, there were no problems filling the middle rows, but it will be interesting to see what happens...heck, create a single rider line for middle seats only!! I'd ride! :D

Beast1979 that was the best I could do with my protractor, hope it helps.

Tiggy, the proof is in the pudding and the first drop looks excelent, how do you think this will compare to Behemoth?

The drops look very similar to me.

p20709-1.jpg

That's because they ARE pretty much identical. Both 230 feet with 215 foot 74 degree drops... both have a slight kink and pull-out to the right... HMMMM. How dare people accuse B&M of making 'cookie-cutter' layouts. ;)

Tiggy, the proof is in the pudding and the first drop looks excelent, how do you think this will compare to Behemoth?

p20709-1.jpg

That's because they ARE pretty much identical. Both 230 feet with 215 foot 74 degree drops... both have a slight kink and pull-out to the right... HMMMM. How dare people accuse B&M of making 'cookie-cutter' layouts. ;)

Well to be fair, Behemoth's drop is 75 degrees and it was never said officially how tall the drop is.

I hope they have a station greater like on MF for the pure fact if the station is like xl-200 it will be crowded and hard to find out what seat your lineing up for.

The TTD station is the worst.

I think FOF is the worst it seems like very time I'm asking people, "Are you in line for this one?"

I hope they have a station greater like on MF for the pure fact if the station is like xl-200 it will be crowded and hard to find out what seat your lineing up for.

Agreed!! Both Kingda Ka and Storm Runner are the ideal stations for Intamin rockets!

p20709-1.jpg

Well to be fair, Behemoth's drop is 75 degrees and it was never said officially how tall the drop is.

Behemoth's is the full 230'...

p21609.jpg

You'll notice the track goes all the way to the ground.

KI needs a people eater.

:blink:

The only two coasters at KI with bad capacity are Firehawk and Invertigo.

Everything else was running very well whenever I went this summer.

i agree the TTD quele is so confusing i havent ridden it for a while since opening year and it was so weird. and the reason Invertigo is so bad on line is the reason i hardly ride it plus it gives me a headache but i know its only a 1 minute ride it just feels like it takes forever and Firehawk. the reason its so bad on lines is because it is new but i think next you may find Firehawk with a 30 minute wait instead of a hour wait on weekends.

KI needs a people eater.

:blink:

The only two coasters at KI with bad capacity are Firehawk and Invertigo.

Everything else was running very well whenever I went this summer.

Crypt, Flight of Fear, Son of Beast, any of these ring a bell?

Since when is Crypt a coaster? And since when does Flight of Fear have bad capacity?

Since when is Crypt a coaster? And since when does Flight of Fear have bad capacity?

since the evil monkeys have took over our brains and determined to make the crypt a coaster hoooray for the monkeys they actually made the ride better. :D