Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

To reach the moon and BACK, you must ride DBack 577,495.25 times!!!!

My calculations

Earth to moon- 238,857 miles

Earth to moon and BACK- 477,714 miles

477714 miles converted into feet: 3,050,329,920 feet

3,050,329,920 feet

divided by

5,282 (Diamondback's length in feet)

Equals: 577,495.25 Rides On Diamondback.

To reach the moon and BACK, you must ride DBack 577,495.25 times!!!!

My calculations

Earth to moon- 238,857 miles

Earth to moon and BACK- 477,714 miles

477714 miles converted into feet: 3,050,329,920 feet

3,050,329,920 feet

divided by

5,282 (Diamondback's length in feet)

Equals: 577,495.25 Rides On Diamondback.

Or an equivalent of 3.29 years of nonstop riding on Diamondback. :rolleyes:

1. Ur crazy BEAST1979 but I like u.

2. I was just looking at the early construction pics from Apr-Jul and was really cool. I kinda forgot what everything used to look like and how much they have really done for this coaster. Everyone should check them out if they havn't recently.

3. Go away wind so we can see some more vertical construction.

1. Ur crazy BEAST1979 but I like u.

2. I was just looking at the early construction pics from Apr-Jul and was really cool. I kinda forgot what everything used to look like and how much they have really done for this coaster. Everyone should check them out if they havn't recently.

3. Go away wind so we can see some more vertical construction.

1. It's a nice goal to shoot for, and one you shouldn't be dissapointed in if you don't reach it.

2. It IS amazing how much it changed. It is one thing to install a coaster like Behemoth up north, but the fantastic changes to the area and work put into this is crazy.

3. Winds like this will go away soon. It's a thing called an "Algerian Front" where the Jet Stream dips down to the Ohio River Valley area and brings cold and windy weather to the Midwest. It will be gone by next week.

I can do it. I'll make it.

Honestly, i doubt it. You will have to be at Kings Island every day of the season an ride Diamondback from opening to closing for a few seasons. Plus you got to remember that lines will get pretty huge, i doubt you will ever see a walkon on Diamondback until atleast 2011 (except ERT, ect..)

I can do it. I'll make it.

Honestly, i doubt it. You will have to be at Kings Island every day of the season an ride Diamondback from opening to closing for a few seasons. Plus you got to remember that lines will get pretty huge, i doubt you will ever see a walkon on Diamondback until atleast 2011 (except ERT, ect..)

Never say never or ever, EVER!

I know I won't but I will have fun trying!

And the completion of the first drop, the relocation of Clifford behind the Crypt, the digging and pouring of the footings for the final helix and numerous amounts of track and supports delivered to the hammer head.

Yeah other than that, not much going on...

And the completion of the first drop, the relocation of Clifford behind the Crypt, the digging and pouring of the footings for the final helix and numerous amounts of track and supports delivered to the hammer head.

Yeah other than that, not much going on...

Haha!! I think people are also forgetting that erecting steel can be a very quick process with the proper prep work...remember on the coaster shows...they put up the pretzel loop and a turn on Tatsu all in one day, and similarly, they did the Immelman on Griffon all in one day, not to mention Griffon was still erecting track in late March and still opened on time the 2nd week of May.

While Behemoth had a lot more work done at this time last year, they got little done in December (which shouldn't be KI's situation), and I'm leaving it in the hands of the experts!!

Not to be picky, but Behemoth and Diamondback are at about the same amount of progress in terms of construction dates. This picture was pulled off Behemoth's webpage and is dated on November 19.

beh19.jpg

While DB's 2nd hill is not complete, I would say that it currently has more track up when you take the splashdown and return camelbacks into account; however Behemoth's station was further along at this point last year.

Beast1979 is in highschool from what I can tell and I'm sure we all said stuff like that when we we're younger. And quite the meteorologist to be!

I agree with several above about prep work. Look how long they spent clearing land and pouring footers. There's been a ton of progress it's just not as exciting as watching track or supports go up.