Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I think a lighting package like the one on MF's hill would be amazing. Especially how it changes colors and they strobe it. Absolutely amazing to watch and would add so much to the skyline.

i don't see how that would work, unless at night they had like a giant white sheet to make the lift supports more solid.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
Whatever The Color OfThe Lights,If Any Will Be The Best Out Of All The Rides In The Park

now i will tell you what a cool color wouuld be...using a black light B)

Well if its dark out,how can they see the black light

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
Black lights are ultraviolet lights...and things fluoresce under that light...

Okay,then under that case.That would look cool

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
Yes, black lights with fluorescent trains would look very nice at night.....

Or even better, use white light during the regular season, then use black lights for the Haunt......

Perfect

Gee, I have class here at UC up until 5pm on Wednesday! At least my Wednesday evening class was canceled and I commute so I don`t have far to go to get home.

And besides, with yesterday being mostly washed out with the rain, that only leaves today and tomorrow for the work week, not a lot of time to get anything substantial done.

And those in retail almost ALL work Friday and either Saturday, Sunday or both.

Some of us who do other work will also be working Friday...from power plants to hospitals to other places you wouldn't even think would be open, given the apparent national shopping holiday on Friday (which may not as well as many retailers hope).

Diamondback progress will continue. Stay tuned! :)

Sorry I don't have a camera (yet...jingle jingle jingle...); but for a change of pace I decided to take a right turn onto Socialville Fosters, then left on Western Row road this morning. It's a bit of a country drive, with some horse farms and sich (I mean such). Talk about a dramatic perspective! The view of Diamondback rising over that unique landscape is phenomenal! ...and that's only the first 2 hills (well, hill and a half at this point)! This thing is impressive! Just thought I'd share.

Okay, I just thought of something (for what it's worth) ~ I haven't yet seen anyone giving nicknames to the new 'peaks' that are emerging from the Kings Island treetops. The new skyline is getting a 'range' of 'mountainous' coaster hills visible for a couple miles away. I don't know the folks after whom we can lovingly dub these new giants? Folks iconic to KI lore? "Mt. Allen," "Mt. Dinn," "Mt. Helbig," etc.?

Anyway great photos! I wrote in another post how cool the one picture is that features almost all the coasters (except the ones in NU) that have sprung up around good ol' Racer over the decades. The pics you guys provide are always amazing!

^^Hey, did you ever try driving into any of those cul-de-sacs??

I have before a few times, but was a little nervous...I remember in the middle of the summer I could have sworn I even heard screams from Vortex or Beast back there!

Also one time while "exploring" I was on a road to the east side of I-71, and a ways to the north of KI, and in this area I was in had a higher elevation and there was a nice skyline view of KI from afar (which is kind of hard to get with all the elevation changes in Warren County), but seeing KI now from that area would be cool!