Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

Don takes some great picturrs.I just wish he would take more pictures of the construction site.

Areas like The Beast entrance,the area around the DB entrance,ect.

But besides that great pics

^^^You get what you pay for. I'm not saying that their coasters are not fun, but rather not as complex.

Take that back! If you want to play that game; Beast is not that complex nor The Racer!

Wooden Coasters are not as complex as Steel Coasters. For they cannot do inversions and so forth.

First off, I will not take it back because I do enjoy the coasters at HW. Second, if you think a steel structure is more complex than a wood one, then I think you need to look at the wood lattice of SOB compared to the supports on DB. For that matter look at The Racer compared to Vortex, or Raven compared to Voyage (although that example is les obvious). And C, who says you can not do inversions with a wood coaster?

^Those were the good old days. I remember when I would head down to the village where I would be flying down wood of a dead oak tree with over 7 g's pressing agains my face, more inversions than I could count. Heck, the car wasn't even connected to the track! What a rush! And to end it all a refreshing splash down into a pit of broken glass! They don't make em' like that anymore!

^Those were the good old days. I remember when I would head down to the village where I would be flying down wood of a dead oak tree with over 7 g's pressing agains my face, more inversions than I could count. Heck, the car wasn't even connected to the track! What a rush! And to end it all a refreshing splash down into a pit of broken glass! They don't make em' like that anymore!

it's amazing what all i missed out on. ;)

^Yeah we I rode that with you! I think that was only my second or third life :blink:

Anyway, I think DB really is one of the most picturesque steel coasters around. The flow of the curves, the way they worked it into the land, the train, and the red and yellow are all just beautiful. I can just stare at the pics, espiecally of the first drop and hill before the helix like I'm lookin at Dali or even good modern steel art. It's just beautiful.

^^These pictures hardly do the structure justice. I drove back from North Carolina yesterday and was covered in goosebumps when I passed the park on 71. Even if the ride isn't that great, it WILL be one of the best looking coasters ever, in my slightly biased opinion.

Hmm... I wonder what time the Gold Pass preview day will be.. hopefully it will be the same times as the Behometh Preview Day, 5-10 pm. That would be best for me since it's on a Friday and that way I can get the biggest head start at waiting in line for opening. Later would be even better! If it's at 5 I would be able to wait in line for about 1 hour.