Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

The 2nd hill is looking so phenomenal!! It definitely could end up being my fav part of the ride!!

It definitely looks a lot taller than Behemoth's 2nd hill too, although, towering over the 401 (or whatever) highway on Behem's 2nd hill and seeing the rush hour traffic and thinking "you're there [in your car] and I'm here!! [behemoth's 2nd hill]" is just such a great feeling, especially for the office monkey 8-5'ers like myself!!

In response to Skaterboy,

I understand your point and would agree if it were in response to someone saying Diamondback will be better than Nitro or Behemoth. However, if you ride in a Porsche you'll have a fast ride on a stiff sport suspension. Ride in a hummer and you'll feel like your in a tank. Ride in a Lexus and you'll have an incredibly smooth ride (and I miss mine). You can count on certain things from B&M and their hypers will always be smooth and full of airtime.

well me just like everybody else will hope it will be smoth but we really dont know that. i mean really the trains might make it rough. we really dont know till we ride it :rolleyes:

Skaterboy22101, why are you playing devil`s advocate with Diamondback not being smooth? With the exception of a few B&M coasters, most of which are older models/stand up coasters, what B&M coaster is not glass smooth?

I have ridden my fair share of B&M coasters (although no hyper coasters), and every single one has been extremely smooth and very rerideable. Saying that the trains will make the ride rough is like saying that Kings Island will be open year round next year. It simply defies logic. B&M rides are known for their precision engineering and superb riding experience. That is not something that will suddenly change with "rough trains."

I have been on quite a few B&Ms (ill get the exact number here in a few.) Every single ride on every single coaster has been smooth. So say what you will I think its a safe guess to say DB will be way smoother than SoB.

9 would be the number of B&Ms I have ridden.

Chang, Montu, Kumba, Sheikra, Dueling Dragons (Fire and Ice), Raptor, Mantis, and Kraken.

Hoping to add two more for next year Manta and Diamondback.

In response to Skaterboy,

I understand your point and would agree if it were in response to someone saying Diamondback will be better than Nitro or Behemoth. However, if you ride in a Porsche you'll have a fast ride on a stiff sport suspension. Ride in a hummer and you'll feel like your in a tank. Ride in a Lexus and you'll have an incredibly smooth ride (and I miss mine). You can count on certain things from B&M and their hypers will always be smooth and full of airtime.

well me just like everybody else will hope it will be smoth but we really dont know that. i mean really the trains might make it rough. we really dont know till we ride it :rolleyes:

Believe me, I have ridden several B&M hypers and I can assure you that they the absolute smoothest coasters on the planet! As for the trains, if anything they will make the ride smoother. They are very cozy and compfy

I take it you have never been on a B&M? It will be much smoother than FoF.

I also dont see it suffering from a case of the B&M shakes, non of their hypers I have been on had that issue.

By my estimate I am somewhere around 20 or so beemers ridden and the only ones that I experienced roughness on were their first few standups like Vortex and Iron Wolf.

The smoothest coaster in the park, by far, is fairly odd. Well that or the giggly thing.

That WILL change in April, 2009.

Terpy, who loves to write things that are totally true, but will be missed by most...

Terpy, who Loves to prove people wrong. And Skaterboy22101 who WILL one day prove Terpy WRONG ;)

Nope...not my intent at all...I just like to leave hints of what is to come out in the open for all to see, when I know that, as in this case, they will not be seen....

Nor is Terpy always right....anyone know where the biggest beemer of all time is? Why, Cedar Point of course. RZ knows of what I spake...and corrected me at once! :) That's what friends are for.

Terpy, not singing a different tune...rain or not!

Nope...not my intent at all...I just like to leave hints of what is to come out in the open for all to see, when I know that, as in this case, they will not be seen....

Nor is Terpy always right....anyone know where the biggest beemer of all time is? Why, Cedar Point of course. RZ knows of what I spake...and corrected me at once! :) That's what friends are for.

Terpy, not singing a different tune...rain or not!

um well ive never seen you wrong

Skaterboy, not understanding at all what terpy said :huh: