Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Don't try to prove him wrong it will be a long and lonely rode for you my friend.

Unrealsk8er remembers his first mistake that was corrected by the Terp like it was yesterday.

Back then I still had the user name Coasetrfreak123. If he even remembers. A clue is it was about a certain ride at Kentucky Kingdom that had to be evacuated a few times.

Don't try to prove him wrong it will be a long and lonely rode for you my friend.

Unrealsk8er remembers his first mistake that was corrected by the Terp like it was yesterday.

Back then I still had the user name Coasetrfreak123. If he even remembers. A clue is it was about a certain ride at Kentucky Kingdom that had to be evacuated a few times.

well its my life long dream to prove Terpy wrong.

*shakes his hand wildly intothe air*

"one day Terpy. I wont let you and the aelins secret conspiricy fool me" :mellow:

If it will make you that happy, I'll err on purpose so you can find it.

I'd really do that if it would delight you that much!

There ARE more important things in life than being right. Many of them, actually!

I'd much rather have good friends than be right all the time. Fortunately, it is possible to have good friends and be right most of the time. And that's enough.

Oh, yeah, we were talking about Diamondback construction! :)

Terpy does not try to prove people wrong or show how smart he is, he just chooses to portrey his knowledge in a way of such higher vocabulary and long, gramatical sentences. It is actually a very good way to get your message through, if you can learn to appeal to your audiance. I have choosen to try it a school, and it is very fun!

The smoothest coaster in the park, by far, is fairly odd. Well that or the giggly thing.

That WILL change in April, 2009.

Terpy, who loves to write things that are totally true, but will be missed by most...

Alright Terpy I'm sure you have not been on Fairly Odd coaster recently, but I did ride it last season and that thing is far from smooth. After I got off of it I could not understand why it lost it Beastie title because it does belong in that family. Now it is older than all The Beast family, so it should be a little rough. You also get lots of airtime on it, kind of surprising

Well, as the Interpreter himself pointed out, I did correct him when he misspoke once. Everyone is bound to make a mistake once in a while. Even I will sometimes post something that is incorrect. When that happens, I note my mistake, apologize and move on. Nobody can be perfect.

And I don`t know what you`re talking about FF EKU dawg 4 life. Fairly Odd Coaster is fairly smooth. But then again, as other posters have said a coasters` degree of smoothness is based on personal tastes so it is different from one person to another. Which is why if you ask a simple question like which is rougher Son of Beast or Beast, you will get some people that say the father and some people that say the son. What can be agreed upon though, is that generally B&M coasters are known for their smooth ride experience.

I think Fairly Odd Coaster is very smooth espiecally if you consider its age. I agree that it's got some great airtime too.

Glad that we have agreed that DB will in fact be very smooth.

FOF is plenty smooth and an incredibly fun ride... Can we get them to turn out the lights completely for a ride or two.

Terpy I'm still puzzled on the largest B&M comment.

In agreement with Terpy, wasn't this thread about some new coaster or something?

Wow look what happens when I don't post for almost a day. You may be a KICentral addict when..

In agreement with Terpy, wasn't this thread about some new coaster or something?

I don't know, I sure do hope so!

FOF is plenty smooth and an incredibly fun ride... Can we get them to turn out the lights completely for a ride or two.

Agreed! And I wish!

The 2nd hill looks amazing, definate ejector hill. The speed at the bottom of the ravine is going to be awesome.

The 3rd seems like it could be the biggest surprise of the entire ride. I think the curve leading in and up the 3rd hill will pull some nice lateral g's and then will offer an abrupt pop of air at the top. Could be the best hill on the coaster because of the numerous different forces that it will provide and how quickly they will change.

Keep in mind that what you are seeing on the station is simply the structural steel that supports the roof. Siding and finish materials are not added until the basic structure and roof are completed. In other words, I would not expect to see any finish materials on the exterior of the station until after the Christmas season.

And it most certainly is not an un-modified NoLimits station...

I agree about the third hill. After dropping into that ravine and making that curve, the lateral g's and the physical disorientation from all the different forces... It'll definitely have the surpriuse effect!

I just can't wait for that second drop. Coming over the top you'll definitely have some speed and massive air time. Then hitting top speed as you drop into the ravine and the curve into the 3rd hill. This thing is really shaping up to be a top 10 ride.

My favorite part of the coaster will most likely be the bottom of the second hill and the third hill. Like Railrider said; there will be amazing lateral G's then negative Vertical G's all in about 3 seconds! I still hate how people on TPR are saying "Diamondback sucks, it's just alot of the hypers mixed into one..." Well think about.. all the hypers mixed into one. That isn't a bad thing... It's got the speed and height of Nitro. The trains and drop of Behemoth (well 1º less steep), a hammerhead turn, two forceful helices which sort of resembles Goliath SFOG, and something totally new... a splashdown! What more could we ask for?