Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^Nothing...unles the ravine was 30 or 40 feet deeper. That would be amazing.

Good point, and if the ride had more airtime hills. I wander what the exact airtime time will be? Voyage has the most airtime on any coaster in the world, and i believe it is 24 seconds? My guess is that Diamondback will have around 19 seconds of airtime.

^^Nowadays that triple down is nothing like the way it was in 2006...in 2006, Voyage probably had more air than Behemoth, but this year, Voyage seemed A LOT slower and the MCBR killed any air after that!!

No way Voyage is any kind of airtime leader!! At this point, El Toro almost has as much air!

^^Nowadays that triple down is nothing like the way it was in 2006...in 2006, Voyage probably had more air than Behemoth, but this year, Voyage seemed A LOT slower and the MCBR killed any air after that!!

No way Voyage is any kind of airtime leader!! At this point, El Toro almost has as much air!

No, Voyage does infact have more airtime than any other coaster, it has 24.2 seconds. I am not sure how much El Toro has, but it isn't more than 24 seconds.

Ok this is a little of topic and i'm sure it has been discussed numerous times but does anybody know if Diamondback will have an on-ride photo section??

It will. Im pretty sure Don already said there will be an on ride photo pickup area/ gift shop. I could be wrong though...

I wonder how many people will be trying to get photos of people they know on the 1st drop. I hope Diamondback wont be a pathway clogger like Sling Shot was.

i think you mean like Sling Shot I ;)

Huh??? What's the "I" for?

And yes, it will, most likely, be a pathway clogger. But even worse than Sling Shot was!

But what I can't figure out is, "Where can the gift shop possibly be located?"

I know, thanks Terp! But is the exit going to be big enough for both Exit Lines, Photo Booth, AND Gift Shop?

I think in a previous interview Don said they were trying to put the exit path next to the gift shop that way it wont get clogged

He has been laying off on those lately, hasn't he?

There is a likely reason for the lack of updates to the Diamondback site from Mr. Helbig. Head on over to Onpoint!, the Cedar Point blog, and find out that representatives from all Cedar Fair parks in various departments have been up in Sandusky for meetings this week. So naturally, if Don is up north, he cannot be providing construction pictures or blog entry updates on the progress of Diamondback.

I wonder how many people will be trying to get photos of people they know on the 1st drop. I hope Diamondback wont be a pathway clogger like Sling Shot was.

What could you see, the bottom of the trains? It may be pretty hard to snap pictures with a train zooming by, don't you think? The angle may prevent any decent photo opportunities.

I know, thanks Terp! But is the exit going to be big enough for both Exit Lines, Photo Booth, AND Gift Shop?

I think in a previous interview Don said they were trying to put the exit path next to the gift shop that way it wont get clogged

I would assume that it will look similar to Maverick's exit. Those wishing to view ORPs can do so, while those who do not, can simply exit and return to the queue line.

Yes, but some things really should be surprises, doncha think?*

*Aren't you glad he didn't say the onride photo will be taken on the ride?

p tea lets take the photo in line. Wee we are going so fast. I have to buy this :rolleyes:

Wait. What are you talking about?

sorry guys. when i typed that like 5 minutes before, i took a Vicodin pill for the pain in my leg. And yes it was perscribed to me after my surgery ;)