Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I can so vividly see the first testing train flying through that element and the stadium seats whamming right into that!!

AHHHHHH Dont think thoughts like that!!!! I cant wait for April any longer! can you imagine how much longer we would have to wait if that happened!!!!

^That's not necessarily true. Maverick was built and tested.. it was found something was wrong with the heartline, redesigned, deconstructed the heartline, and rebuilt it in 2 weeks or so... And only opened a few weeks late.

If you REALLY believe that timeline and version of events, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell you...cheap! :)

I know plenty of engineers that are betting men. Just remember that 2+2=4, but that does not always apply to formulas for elements. (Although there are some on this board that will disagree with me and I encourage that) There are too many variables, from weight all the way down to what kind of bearing they use in the wheel hubs. In short what I am saying, is that I am sure they had questions regarding that element and were prepared to change it out if needed. What I really would like to know is who won the bet? (Insert Interp comment below)

Insert: Those were designing engineers, in both senses of the word. (Heard behind the barn: See, Henry, I told you so!) And some of them were probably designing (and betting) WOMEN. (Terpy...who just HAD to!)

Also know that the design/culture/environment at INTAMIN is not the same as that at B & M...as everything about both companies so richly reveals!

And finally, as Monroe so wisely indicated, there is no way all that engineering work took place in the mere time stated....it was clear that both alternatives were provided for from the beginning...as in, we will try this, but if it doesn't work, we are ready with this.