Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

They Can't Predicte How The Weather Will Be In Two Weeks,They Can Only Predicte 7-10 In Advance.So It May Snow Or It May Not.But If The Weather Stays The Way It Is Then It Will Defently Snow.

But Another Thing That Annoys Me Is That It All Ways Snows Right Before Christmas And Then Like A Few Weeks After NEVER On The Day Of Christmas.It Hasnt Snowed On Christmas Since 2004,

^They cannot predict accurately that far in advance but they can get a good idea of whether it will precipitate or not or whether it will be in the 30's or the 50's. We cannoth though say that on December 20 it will snow 5.3 inches from 3:12 to 4:19.

Technology has advanced since Terpy's day though.

^They cannot predict accurately that far in advance but they can get a good idea of whether it will precipitate or not or whether it will be in the 30's or the 50's. We cannoth though say that on December 20 it will snow 5.3 inches from 3:12 to 4:19.

You got to remember that it said it was going to be in the 60's when you were at Dollywood and it ended up being super cold and Mystery Mine couldn't operate cause it was so cold!

You got to remember that it said it was going to be in the 60's when you were at Dollywood and it ended up being super cold and Mystery Mine couldn't operate cause it was so cold!

Oh, don't remind me of my first Worlds of Fun trip. We went to get MAXX passes, and everything ended up being closed. Except Le Taxis.

Anythings better than that old "weather rock"

If rock is wet, it is raining.

If rock is green, it rained a while ago.

If rock is white, it is snowing.

If rock is shaking, there is an earthquake.

If rock is dry, the weather is fair.

If rock is swinging, it's windy.

If rock is warm, the sun is out.

If rock is not visible, it's dark outside.

If rock is under water, there is a flood.

If rock is gone, there is a tornado (Run!!)

Anythings better than that old "weather rock"

If rock is wet, it is raining.

If rock is green, it rained a while ago.

If rock is white, it is snowing.

If rock is shaking, there is an earthquake.

If rock is dry, the weather is fair.

If rock is swinging, it's windy.

If rock is warm, the sun is out.

If rock is not visible, it's dark outside.

If rock is under water, there is a flood.

If rock is gone, there is a tornado (Run!!)

:lol::lol:

Weather is hardly an exact science. If Meteorologists had at least a 50% accuracy........

Hey, at least it's right 100% of the time!

Well it doesn't really help, does it?

Ancient Meteorologists (But they weren't called that back then) actually used the clouds and sky to determine the short-range forcast. Back then they never even attempted to predict 3 days out, but could do today and tomorrow. They used the tempurature and cloud patterns to make forcasts, because they knew that certain clouds ment certain things. If there were thin, whispy clouds, those were cirrus clouds and the ment a change in pressure. It could mean from bad weather to good weather, or vice versa. They also knew that cumulus clouds ment good weather and cumulonimbus ment bad weather. Back then since they used such simple techniques accuracy was high. These days Accuracy in the short term forcast is very high and in long term forcasts is very low. People do not give meteorologists the credit they deserve though because they try to predict something that is extremely unpredictable. Even the slightest variables can throw off a weather system and make that high pressure go to the south, which would pull in warm air from the south and not cold air from the north, inevidably causing rain and not snow. You see why it's easy for them slip up? All things considered they actually do very well, considering what they're trying to do.

Weather is hardly an exact science. If Meteorologists had at least a 50% accuracy........

Hey, at least it's right 100% of the time!

Well it doesn't really help, does it?

Ancient Meteorologists (But they weren't called that back then) actually used the clouds and sky to determine the short-range forcast. Back then they never even attempted to predict 3 days out, but could do today and tomorrow. They used the tempurature and cloud patterns to make forcasts, because they knew that certain clouds ment certain things. If there were thin, whispy clouds, those were cirrus clouds and the ment a change in pressure. It could mean from bad weather to good weather, or vice versa. They also knew that cumulus clouds ment good weather and cumulonimbus ment bad weather. Back then since they used such simple techniques accuracy was high. These days Accuracy in the short term forcast is very high and in long term forcasts is very low. People do not give meteorologists the credit they deserve though because they try to predict something that is extremely unpredictable. Even the slightest variables can throw off a weather system and make that high pressure go to the south, which would pull in warm air from the south and not cold air from the north, inevidably causing rain and not snow. You see why it's easy for them slip up? All things considered they actually do very well, considering what they're trying to do.

Ok, its official. Beast1979, who i may point out is a 12 year kid, is in fact KICentrals new Metrologist :rolleyes:

Their is many possiblities, as the slight drop before the lift or the drop before the brakes. Marketing usally does this with all new rides, to attract people to their new ride/attraction. Kings Island is defenatly not the only park to do this.

I think they might count the slight drop into the final brakes as the 10th drop.

I think that you may be right. I went back through the photo galleries and found a side shot of that area. While not noticable from the air, the side shot shows a slight decrease in height. Therefore, the 10th drop I could not find previously.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was bothering me.

EDIT: btw... it is pic #61 on the kiDiamondback photo gallery