Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

But in order to put the crawlers and a cab on a flatbed truck to move it, they would have to remove the boom of the crane.

Clifford was not transported on a flatbed, it move back there on its own power once the boom was removed. The reasson I say this is because the crane would have to be completely disassembled to be loaded and moved on a flat bed. We are talking removal of crawlers, counter weights, and entire boom structure. I am positive that did not happen, so I am pretty sure that once the boom was removed Clifford moved himself back to the 3rd hill area with full array of counter weights in tow. I would say that the main issue was navigating the ravine with the boom attached, perserving the road was the least of their concerns seeing as how numerous tracked vehciles have criss crossed it numerous times.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

I Was Riding On Kings Island Drive(As I Mentioned I Live Right By Park)I Didn't Even Notice He Was Gone.

But I Have A Different Question,Has Anyone Know Any Info On "SnowLand" The Sign Once Again Said it Was Comming Soon.Its Almost Christmas,Wouldn't They Have Already Annonced It?????

Don't Know

As has been mentioned before, Snowland is a winter event being held next door at the Great Wolf Lodge. The GWL has also been advertising with radio spots for the event as well. It is not related to Kings Island. Kings Island is advertising for it on their marquee because of the marketing agreement that GWL and Kings Island.

As has been mentioned before, Snowland is a winter event being held next door at the Great Wolf Lodge. The GWL has also been advertising with radio spots for the event as well. It is not related to Kings Island. Kings Island is advertising for it on their marquee because of the marketing agreement that GWL and Kings Island.

Not to mention TV ads!

I Was Riding On Kings Island Drive(As I Mentioned I Live Right By Park)I Didn't Even Notice He Was Gone.

But I Have A Different Question,Has Anyone Know Any Info On "SnowLand" The Sign Once Again Said it Was Comming Soon.Its Almost Christmas,Wouldn't They Have Already Annonced It?????

Don't Know

Hey, You Dont Need To Captolize Every Word Ok? Good :rolleyes:

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

Construction is going slow,didn't they say the tracking was supposed to be finished by December?

They need to pick up the pase,But of course its winter,and its the Holidays.

Its really boring to visit the DB site,nothing there except the cam,but even that only shows us very little.I don't know if Don is finished working for the season or not,BUT PLEASE DO UPDATE THE BLOG!!!

Im getting bored out of my mind!

Well, if you read the blog like you claim you do, you would know that Don stated track work should be completed between Christmas and New Years. See this blog entry and the Q&A section.

Now that being said, weather delays, such as not being able to work due to heavy rain or high winds, like the last two days could push back that target date some. But rest assured that they likely have some weather delays built into the construction schedule. And not all progress is measured by the amount of vertical steel that is placed. There are other things such as electrical work that are virtually undetectable from the webcam, and would be even almost undetectable to the untrained eye inside of the park!

^^^ Plus they moved Clifford to the back wich was no small project, there's a pile of supports on the service road going to the back, they're currently working on the rise of the third hill, I'm pretty sure a white crane has been distributing supports in the back.

Its really boring to visit the DB site,nothing there except the cam,but even that only shows us very little.I don't know if Don is finished working for the season or not,BUT PLEASE DO UPDATE THE BLOG!!!

Im getting bored out of my mind!

Getting kind of demanding, aren't you? Don's job doesn't revolve solely around the blog. As somebody else stated, he's out of the office...working. He's been in Sandusky meeting with his counterparts from other Cedar Fair parks.

What is the technical term for the track piece that goes from the center, "box girder" looking part of the track to the actual rails? Are they 'braces', or 'trusses', or something else? (I'm doing an acrylic painting of an imaginary DB POV, and don't really know what to call the parts). Thanks...

Thanks! I`m more than glad to share what knowledge I have about the construction and design process. After all, I am currently enrolled in the number 2 graduate architecture program in the country, behind only Harvard.

That is according to just released rankings by Design Intelligence and their 2009 design rankings. In 2008, UC`s MArch program was ranked 7th, and in 2006 and 2007 it was ranked second, behind Harvard. For more information on UC`s design rankings, check out the press release from UC here.