Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

You know they really are just as funny with Mr. Helbig's name in place of Chuck Norris. Although Chuck may not think so.

Well, one can only hope Mr. Norris has already fulfilled his 'roundhouse kick to the face' quota for the day, and that we are safe from that most excruciating demise.

Actually, I don`t think the final helix is about to go up. The reason is that the crane is resting on its tires, and not on the hydraulic levelers. If the crane were getting ready to do some lifting in that area, some or all of the wheels would be off of the ground, due to the hydraulic levelers. These levelers keep the crane level and prevent it from tipping over if the load would become unbalanced.

And yes, there are two helices on Diamondback. The first one is right before the mid course break run. The second and final helix is right before the splash down and right next to the Crypt.

Actually, I don`t think the final helix is about to go up. The reason is that the crane is resting on its tires, and not on the hydraulic levelers. If the crane were getting ready to do some lifting in that area, some or all of the wheels would be off of the ground, due to the hydraulic levelers. These levelers keep the crane level and prevent it from tipping over if the load would become unbalanced.

And yes, there are two helices on Diamondback. The first one is right before the mid course break run. The second and final helix is right before the splash down and right next to the Crypt.

Well it may just be sitting there but when it's about to lift them on say, Monday, it might go onto the hydraulic levelers.

Because it, unfortunately, happened in Argentina (or Peru or somewhere ins S. America), when, after a bus careened off a freeway bridge and into the lake below, a crane similar to Casper tried to hoist the bus up, only to have the crane topple over the bridge and fall into the water and on top of the bus still in the lake.

.....back on topic....

Lift hill and 1st drop is Mt. Helbig (Helbig's Peak).

2nd hill and drop will be Mt. Norris.

So the the third hill/drop should be Segal Summit, named after the infamous Steven Segal. :P

Guest rcfreak339
I'm telling you CoasterRZ, Some people go crazy this late in the offseason....

Late? What's late about it? We still have over 4 months to go (give or take).

Yes but it feels like it's been 4 months already......But at least I'm not one of those people that post about having a camp out to wait for Diamondback and end up raiding someone for Mountian Dew under The Beast....lol

To me it goes like this:

-Last Day of Operation: Sorrow

-November - December: Sadness

-January - February: Desperate for the gates to open.

-March: Anxious

-The days in April where KI is closed: Happiness restored

Uhh, days where KI is closed in April is more like Fetel Postition Anxiety. To me, at least.

Guest rcfreak339

Yeah, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom plans to open in the middle of April which I'm very happy to here since last year they weren't even open for the spring break crowds.

Guest rcfreak339

SFKK is simply put a money maker, also the park won't close for real estate because the land the park sits on isn't even owned by Six Flags. Expect SFKK to be open for a while....

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom is a combination theme and

water park, located on approximately 58 acres adjacent to

the grounds of the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in

Louisville, Kentucky. Of the 58 acres, approximately

38 acres are leased under ground leases with terms

(including renewal options) expiring between 2021 and

2049, with the balance owned by us. The park’s primary

market includes Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky, Evansville

and Indianapolis, Indiana and Nashville, Tennessee.

This market provides the park with a permanent resident

population of approximately 1.5 million people within

50 miles and approximately 4.8 million people within

100 miles. The Louisville and Lexington markets are the

number 49 and number 65 DMAs in the United States.

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom’s significant direct competitors

are Kings Island, located near Cincinnati, Ohio,

approximately 130 miles from the park and Holiday World

located in Santa Claus, Indiana, approximately 75 miles

from the park.

From Six Flags annual report.

From my personal experiences at KK it is not that great of a park. They havent added any major attractions since Greased Lightnin' and besides that all they have is a hang and bang, two dueling coasters which i have never seen run with both sides, and they have an alright woody positioned in about small an envirnment as you can fit a coaster. But, they do have one of the, if not the best Stand-Up Coasters i have ever ridden in Chang. But this is off topic.

Guest rcfreak339

IMO SFKK would be better if it was just a waterpark, It has the second best waterslide in the world along with a really nice big wavepool. Splashwater Kingdom is now a really great waterpark, better then BB IMO...

a. be careful what you wish for...see, e.g., Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom.

b. A trip to bankruptcy court is very unlikely, given recent financial events at Flags, which have been detailed here. Look instead for a probable sale. I stand by what I said. Whose, or even if there will be, flags will be at the now known as Six Flags Parks by traditional opening day remains to be seen.

Also, what year annual report is that quote from? Six Flags did acquire significant portions of the park from the Commonwealth of Kentucky in recent years.

I'm telling you CoasterRZ, Some people go crazy this late in the offseason....

Late? What's late about it? We still have over 4 months to go (give or take).

Yes but it feels like it's been 4 months already......But at least I'm not one of those people that post about having a camp out to wait for Diamondback and end up raiding someone for Mountian Dew under The Beast....lol

I was part of that. And i have to admit that when certin people joined, the thred became a little to....o whats the word....oh this: STUPID. It was good in the beggining when we were all just haveing fun but then yea like i said it became pretty stupid. Seriousaly, whats the point of raiding people for Moutian Dew or riding the rails of our baby Diamondback :rolleyes:

Guest rcfreak339
a. be careful what you wish for...see, e.g., Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom.

b. A trip to bankruptcy court is very unlikely, given recent financial events at Flags, which have been detailed here. Look instead for a probable sale. I stand by what I said. Whose, or even if there will be, flags will be at the now known as Six Flags Parks by traditional opening day remains to be seen.

Also, what year annual report is that quote from? Six Flags did acquire significant portions of the park from the Commonwealth of Kentucky in recent years.

I bealive that report is from 2007...