Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Yeah, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom plans to open in the middle of April which I'm very happy to here since last year they weren't even open for the spring break crowds.

Do you know if they are opening the whole park this year or is the section with the Twisted Twins and Mile High Falls going to be closed again for 2009?

I'm telling you CoasterRZ, Some people go crazy this late in the offseason....

Late? What's late about it? We still have over 4 months to go (give or take).

Yes but it feels like it's been 4 months already......But at least I'm not one of those people that post about having a camp out to wait for Diamondback and end up raiding someone for Mountian Dew under The Beast....lol

I was part of that. And i have to admit that when certin people joined, the thred became a little to....o whats the word....oh this: STUPID. It was good in the beggining when we were all just haveing fun but then yea like i said it became pretty stupid. Seriousaly, whats the point of raiding people for Moutian Dew or riding the rails of our baby Diamondback :rolleyes:

Tee Hee... I loved that thread! The point was to get enough Mountain Dew to last the winter.

I heard a rumor (just a rumor) that Kings Island may be converting to a Pepsi park in 2009.

Maybe I should make a "Camping Out And Waiting For Pilgrims Plunge" topic!

I THINK I remember Terpy saying something that Paramount Parks signed a deal that they have to have coca-cola at Kings Island or something like that. I dont remember,But I thought so.

I think you may be seeing quite the opposite next year. I cannot confirm as I'm definitely not a person in the know, but I did hear some talk of a certain park to the north going to the Coke way of things in 09. Now, this is just talk overheard from various friends and nobody in management, so I wouldn't put too much faith in this, but something to think about regardless.

Okay the last 20 or so posts have nothing to do with Diamondback construction. Can the mods come in and clean this up? I come to check on Diamondback and I read 2 pages of how other parks are struggling and going into bankruptcy. :angry:

You have a point but also its the weekend and nothing is happening on the construction site :rolleyes:

Okay the last 20 or so posts have nothing to do with Diamondback construction. Can the mods come in and clean this up? I come to check on Diamondback and I read 2 pages of how other parks are struggling and going into bankruptcy. :angry:

and how exactly did your post help the situation? ;)

and how exactly did your post help the situation? ;)

Well played sir, well played. Like was mentioned, nothing is currently happening.. And it's the offseason. People are bored!

The picture ghosts got it. :P

Oh my goodness i guess we need to call snake-busters they get the job done in just a coil. :lol:

To reach the moon and BACK, you must ride DBack 577,495.25 times!!!!

My calculations

Earth to moon- 238,857 miles

Earth to moon and BACK- 477,714 miles

477714 miles converted into feet: 3,050,329,920 feet

3,050,329,920 feet

divided by

5,282 (Diamondback's length in feet)

Equals: 577,495.25 Rides On Diamondback.

Or an equivalent of 3.29 years of nonstop riding on Diamondback. :rolleyes:

We can do it. we can Git-r-done