Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

In January 2006, with the sale of the parks coming, Paramount Parks signed a seven year exclusive soft drink supplier contract with The Coca-Cola Company, of Atlanta, Georgia. Terpy has made no hints whatsoever about the official soft drink of Kings Island, nor is he likely to. In fact, Terpy doubts Coke was amused with a thread on this here website about a desperate search for and hoarding of a certain citrus flavored beverage from a competing company.

In January 2006, with the sale of the parks coming, Paramount Parks signed a seven year exclusive soft drink supplier contract with The Coca-Cola Company, of Atlanta, Georgia. Terpy has made no hints whatsoever about the official soft drink of Kings Island, nor is he likely to. In fact, Terpy doubts Coke was amused with a thread on this here website about a desperate search for and hoarding of a certain citrus flavored beverage from a competing company.

Thats What I was talking about earlier.

Well, Beast1979 is a youngin`. So I wouldn`t necessarily give him credit as sounding like the Interpreter. No offense meant by that, just that he is still young and has a lot of things to learn. Further more, until otherwise stated, that entire rumor is nothing more than something made up by someone with nothing better to do with their time.

If the weather cooperates, they hopefully will be able to get a lot done. However, when I was out and about shopping today, I did hear the dreaded S word mentioned on the radio during the forecast for the upcoming work week. Now they can do some work in the snow. But if the winds are still whipping around like they were today, they cannot lift multi-ton pieces of track and supports in the air. It would not be safe for the equipment, ride hardware or the safety of the iron workers who are rigging the Diamondback.

You mean the retheme of Nick U?

That rumor's on hold due to inadiquate information on both sides of the story.....

That's funny. You're sounding more like the Terp each day. Kudos.

I try. :)

Well, Beast1979 is a youngin`. So I wouldn`t necessarily give him credit as sounding like the Interpreter. No offense meant by that, just that he is still young and has a lot of things to learn. Further more, until otherwise stated, that entire rumor is nothing more than something made up by someone with nothing better to do with their time.

If the weather cooperates, they hopefully will be able to get a lot done. However, when I was out and about shopping today, I did hear the dreaded S word mentioned on the radio during the forecast for the upcoming work week. Now they can do some work in the snow. But if the winds are still whipping around like they were today, they cannot lift multi-ton pieces of track and supports in the air. It would not be safe for the equipment, ride hardware or the safety of the iron workers who are rigging the Diamondback.

We're supposed to have some truely disgusting weather this week, including snow, rain, and, *drumroll* Freezing Rain! Warren County (And the rest of the Tri-State) is under a Winter Weather Advisory Today with Rain this morning and Snow This Afternoon. Overnight we're supposed to get a decent amount of Freezing rain, and Tomorrow the Tri-State will be under a Winter Storm Watch with a wintery mix and snow all day. Wednesday will have a gross mix like Tuesday, and Thursday and Friday will feature rain.

Expect little to nothing this week: http://www.wlwt.com/severeweather/1589292/detail.html

I've found local forcasts to be much more reliable then national ones, and I've also found the National Weather Service to be more reliable then Weather Underground, and I keep up with this stuff....

Oh, really?

You don't pay much attention, apparently. Weather Underground merely republishes the National Weather Service forecast. Period. What ever are you talking about? I even noted this in my post:

...This official forecast from the National Weather Service through Weather Underground doesn't look quite so bleak later in the week,...

Could I possibly have been more clear? Did you not read that?

And how is discussing weather and how it will affect construction of Diamondback, along with the best places to get forecasts to try to figure that out, off topic? Answer...it isn't. On with the show...(as for that topic, it wasn't a topic--it was so broad so as to allow anything to be posted in it, it doesn't belong in the Kings Island forum, and we have an off topic forum, available to registered users and not viewable by guests...why an off topic thread with no particular subject is appropriate when we have an entire forum dedicated to off topic discussion is beyond me. Such a topic would, and did, get wildly out of control very quickly. Bandwidth, server space, reader tolerance, none of these are infinite...along with a certain respect for the intellectual property rights of others...)

I've found local forcasts to be much more reliable then national ones, and I've also found the National Weather Service to be more reliable then Weather Underground, and I keep up with this stuff....

Oh, really?

You don't pay much attention, apparently. Weather Underground merely republishes the National Weather Service forecast. Period. What ever are you talking about? I even noted this in my post:

...This official forecast from the National Weather Service through Weather Underground doesn't look quite so bleak later in the week,...

Could I possibly have been more clear? Did you not read that?

If that is the case then why is it that the link I posted clearly states things about Ice and snow, while Weather Underground talks about clouds and slight chances of precipitation, if they are supposedly from the same source?

Jackson, hopelessly confused about why he didn't catch (or post) that those two people posted different forcasts supposedly from the same source, and also confused about why anyone reads weather underground.....

Edit: And on a side note, none of the stations posted have even a 50% accuracy rate, no one in the world has that capability here and now, so I would prefer we stop arguing about something we don't control.

I'm in northern IN and drove to work in high wind and freezing rain/sleet that turned back into rain when I hit the north side of Fort Wayne. Being that it's headed toward OH I wouldn't expect much progress on site today.

David who trust that we will get freezing rain because I scraped it off my windshield.

Our jolly school district (Sycamore) does not close unless it is literally impossible to run the busses. We went to school in white-out conditions once.

But the one weak spot of our schools is ice, and it seems we're gonna get ice, so rumors of a snow day tomorrow and possibly Wednesday are going around. But we will definately finish out today without an ealry release.

Mad dash to the grocery store and freak out since we have never seen snow before...

I love the panic that ensues when a snow storm is rumored...

Yeah you can always tell the day before a snow storm kroger's stocks are up at this moment per google. I wonder how much more they will go up after 5 when people get off of work.

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:KR

From the weather man this morning 1-2 inches of snow and a little bit of freezing rain expect delays not closings.

^You'd actually be surprised how much the forcast can change from 6:30 AM (When the cold front is over Kansas) to 2:30 PM (When the Cold Front is over Cincinnati). Not to mention that not only are we a little on the short side salt wise, but it will start late at night and continue throughout the morning tomorrow, prime time for school and buisness closings.

By the way, more work has been done on the 3rd hill! Or are we to consumed by the white menace to notice? Don't Worry, when the power comes back on tons more work should be done! ;)

Huh? We are still supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow overnight, which was the original timetable of events I heard this morning when I woke up.

And I told you they wouldn`t be working on supports/track for the final helix today. Although, they might have unloaded some track pieces in front of the old time photo building for the final helix area. I would expect work on the final helix to be among the last pieces of track that they put into place. For now they are likely going to concentrate back where Clifford is.