Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I'm telling you CoasterRZ, Some people go crazy this late in the offseason....

Late? What's late about it? We still have over 4 months to go (give or take).

Yes but it feels like it's been 4 months already......But at least I'm not one of those people that post about having a camp out to wait for Diamondback and end up raiding someone for Mountian Dew under The Beast....lol

I was part of that. And i have to admit that when certin people joined, the thred became a little to....o whats the word....oh this: STUPID. It was good in the beggining when we were all just haveing fun but then yea like i said it became pretty stupid. Seriousaly, whats the point of raiding people for Moutian Dew or riding the rails of our baby Diamondback :rolleyes:

yes we did go too far on that one and it was all my fault it was when i joined

just got my computer back that is why i didn't post on this sooner

New Blog Update

Workmen remain busy

December 15, 2008

One of the first things I did this morning when I returned to the office after being on vacation last week was to head out to the Diamondback construction site. It was about 20 degrees colder than the last time I'd visited the site but it was still very exciting to see all the work that had been done while I was away.

Workmen have been busy working on the station, pouring footers in the area outside the entrance to the legendary Beast roller coaster, and installing more track.

The second drop, 193 feet into ravine, looks spectacular! Coming out of the ravine and going up the third hill just screams airtime.

On Saturday, I had a chance to attend the Great Ohio Coaster Club's annual Christmas party in Canton, OH. Great group of people. My presentation included showing news clips from the August 6 announcement of Diamondback.

- Don Helbig

Last Entry » Station floor slated to go in Wednesday

Next Entry » Stay tuned!

Mad dash to the grocery store and freak out since we have never seen snow before...

I love the panic that ensues when a snow storm is rumored...

Me too. Had to buy light bulbs tonight after work and I was amazed at the people talking about snow and buying a month's supply of groceries for a predicted 2 inch snowfall... But, don't worry about DB. Only a 30 per cent chance of precipitation on Wednesday and Thursday and Friday are predicted to be in the 40s with no rain or snow. That's per Channel 9 in Cincy right now.....

Since you cannot understand why anyone would go to http://www.wunderground.com , I've been saving this for you (disclosure time, that site is run by two of my very best friends: Alan Steremberg and Jeff Ferguson--and Alan rollerblades to work!):

http://www.wunderground.com/DisplayDisc.as...eCityName=Mason

THE scientific discussion from the National Weather Service, for Mason, readily accessible. You might learn something there. Maybe even how to spell infinitely and suburbs! :)

I am not being a smart "allec," though you might want to look that word up as well. People judge you by the words you use, as the old radio ads said, and how you spell them. You could have a verbal advantage!

And yet again, Weather Underground's source is the National Weather Service, which, by the way, is the same base source used by those meteorologists you are apparently so entranced with on local media...who most in the field would agree are paid mostly for their presentation skills, not forecasting skills.

Also, in meteorology, "weather stations" is a term of art, and is used to describe the scientific instrument stations used to collect data...or were you referring to NBCUniversal's The Weather Channel (tee hee)?

I use Weather Underground the most when keeping track of winter weather and to give me a better idea of the weather in areas that I need to send my drivers. Also many of the shipping departments of business we visit have the Weather Underground on their computer monitors. My brother in Florida in the concrete pouring business and his girlfriend who works in an office for road construction, both use the Weather Underground for their weather perspective and most important to them, lighting strikes in the area.

Last week when passing KI on my way to Newark Ohio I snapped a couple pictures and below are a couple of those.

0_0_2a256ba9fa4f95ccda4dcf53b18916fe_1.j

0_0_dcb604734939d48824e381f2a4245335_1.j

Thanks for the pics Avatar!

They're working on the third hill. I see track on the ground, supports in the air and Clifford on the move.

Clifford should have access to the whole back end and they dismantle cranse to move them so don't worry about him being boxed in. They won't need a long boom for the final helix anyway.

And yet again, Weather Underground's source is the National Weather Service, which, by the way, is the same base source used by those meteorologists you are apparently so entranced with on local media...who most in the field would agree are paid mostly for their presentation skills, not forecasting skills.

My brother can vouch for that. He's great at forecasting (even turned in a report this year to the University of Oklahoma on how to predict previously unpredictable tornado's which is getting a lot of attention). He never trusts the guys on the TV as they're normally just reading what they've seen quoted elsewhere. Also, look for my bro on his new show 'Tornado Road' on NBC this summer. (Shameless plug)

Dry air pocket over Downtown Cincinnati and Northern Suberbs has kept the snow from going north of Ohio River. Later today the snow will work itself north and Anyone north of the River could see almost 3 inches. By Midnight we could even see a light coating of Ice.

What website did you quote that from? Post a link please.

Man I almost posted something about Diamondback again. This 'contemplating and debating weather reporting methodology' forum keeps confusing me.

I was going to ask if anyone thinks the weather will allow them to get back to work today (intended to be taken interrogatively).

I do however appreciate those who attempted to keep those who don't know from acting as thought they do know and masquerading as though they have ultimate authority... as I realize the hypocrisy of engaging in the very discussion that I was attempting to end.

Man I almost posted something about Diamondback again. This 'contemplating and debating weather reporting methodology' forum keeps confusing me.

I was going to ask if anyone thinks the weather will allow them to get back to work today (intended to be taken interrogatively).

I do however appreciate those who attempted to keep those who don't know from acting as thought they do know and masquerading as though they have ultimate authority... as I realize the hypocrisy of engaging in the very discussion that I was attempting to end.

So hows the weather outside? Anyone checked lately?

Sorry Gibson couldn't resist.

Back to Diamondback, they may be able to do some more vertical work today, but as was earlier mentioned and discussed in great detail, weather may prevent any further vertical work today.

^ Friendly teasing is one of life's greatest (simple) pleasures.

I haven't checked the weather, as it has been dexterously well proven that it's hard to predict, but I really hope they can get back to work. I was getting so excited watching them work on the third hill.

Off to turn in my final 2 papers, last take home final and give my final presentation. Wohoo for semester Break! Maybe I'll get to see my wife and daughter again!?!